Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Freeze & ScoreWatch

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Credit Freeze & ScoreWatch

Hi All,

I recently froze all of my reports.  This was necesary to help avoid impulse apps considering my desire to purchase a home in the next year.  Today, I attempted to access a copy of my Experian report via myFICO.com and I received an error message.  The message suggested that my Experian report was not available or could not be found.  

Is this a result of credit freeze or an isolated Experian problem?  

Notably, I have been receiving regular Equifax ScoreWatch updates with no problem.  Also, since adding the credit freezes, Discover has been able to generate a score using TransUnion data.  

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Freeze & ScoreWatch

@JAY305 wrote:

Hi All,

I recently froze all of my reports.  This was necesary to help avoid impulse apps considering my desire to purchase a home in the next year.  Today, I attempted to access a copy of my Experian report via myFICO.com and I received an error message.  The message suggested that my Experian report was not available or could not be found.  

Is this a result of credit freeze or an isolated Experian problem?  

Notably, I have been receiving regular Equifax ScoreWatch updates with no problem.  Also, since adding the credit freezes, Discover has been able to generate a score using TransUnion data.  

Thanks.

JAY305,

I have all three of my credit reports frozen as well and in order for me to pull my Experian FICO here, I had to go on Experian and temporarily lift my freeze.  Scorewatch updated normally without issue.  However, I am not having any issues with Discover as I receive monthly updates dispite the freeze I have in place... Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 4
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I just submitted a request to temporarily lift the Freeze.  About how long did you wait after submitting the request to to access your TransUnion Report via myfico.com.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

Thanks.  I just submitted a request to temporarily lift the Freeze.  About how long did you wait after submitting the request to to access your TransUnion Report via myfico.com.

Thanks.

I waited about 20 minutes.  If I am not mistaken, as long as you specified "today" as your start date, it should have removed the freeze immediately.  This was the case for me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.