Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Freezes and Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Freezes and Credit Reports

I froze all 3 credit bureaus last night and today I went to update my credit score at creditkarma, and it came back as an error. I thought when you froze your credit reports, you still could pull your own report?  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Freezes and Credit Reports

@Anonymous wrote:

I froze all 3 credit bureaus last night and today I went to update my credit score at creditkarma, and it came back as an error. I thought when you froze your credit reports, you still could pull your own report?  

I suspect its because you are not pulling your own report, Credit Karma is and they are not authorized because of the block.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I suspect its because you are not pulling your own report, Credit Karma is and they are not authorized because of the block.

Never thought about that, so in the future I cannot use any credit monitoring services?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"so in the future I cannot use any credit monitoring services?"

No problem with USAA credit monitoring service.  All 3 reports are frozen yet, I can pull brand new reports each and every day for only $12.25 a month.  All 3 bureaus are monitored -- works great!

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too also have all three reports froze, I use CK to monitor my TU report and I have not had a problem pulling (refreshing) my report from CK since I've froze my TU report, I also use FreeCreditReport.com to monitor my EX report, and have never had a problem pulling (refreshing) my report since I froze my EX report, I also use EQ's CMS and have never had a problem pulling (refreshing) my report there either, I also have the ScoreWatch product here at myFICO, and have had no issues with receiving alerts from SW or pulling Score Power Reports here at myFICO.

The only time I had an issue was when I went to pull my TU report here at myFICO after freezing my TU report, I chose the "FICO Standard TU" I entered all my info and CC info, hit "Make Purchase" and the next page said "Please call myFICO for verification" (or something along those lines) I called myFICO and was asked a few security questions, and I was told that my TU report was ready to view, and that since my TU report was froze, that was what triggered myFICO to request me to call in, it was just a one time verification process and I have had no problems since pulling my TU or EQ report here at myFICO.

I don't know why you can't pull your TU report at CK now that your TU report is froze, like I said, I have had no issues at all pulling my TU report at CK since freezing my reports.

Wishing you all the Best.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried updating my score today with creditkarma and it refreshed. must have been just an error with the site at the time. thanks guys.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried updating my score today with creditkarma and it refreshed. must have been just an error with the site at the time. thanks guys.

Glad to hear it sorted itself out, and I must say, good move freezing your reports, very wise in this day and age of ID theft etc.......

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad to hear it sorted itself out, and I must say, good move freezing your reports, very wise in this day and age of ID theft etc.......

thanks mustang, i froze it to prevent me from applying for any cards for a long time, and also there was a breach at my school and my SSN was among those potentially exposed...even though Debix will be monitoring it shortly, i would rather not taking any risks. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks mustang, i froze it to prevent me from applying for any cards for a long time, and also there was a breach at my school and my SSN was among those potentially exposed...even though Debix will be monitoring it shortly, i would rather not taking any risks. 

You're welcome.

I'm glad to hear you froze your reports to help prevent you from any further apping, and even moreso since your SS# may have been compromised, very smart decision.

Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CK site has been acting up all morning, So has TU. I know TU is up now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.