Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Is SO SLOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Is SO SLOW

I'm a very impatient person. I pay ridiculous amounts of money every year to Amazon to get free 2-day delivery, and even then I pull my hair out waiting for packages. I'll stare out the door every five seconds going, "Where the heck is the UPS guy THIS time????" Sadly, after 40+ years on this planet, I don't think I'm ever going to change in that department. I just face the fact that I'm naturally impatient.

Now, I understand it can take a while for a credit score to rise. I understand why. I can kind of halfway deal with that part of credit. And of course I understand why a creditor won't unsecure my secured card after 4.5 months, but those last couple of weeks knowing it may unsecure at 5 months is EXCRUCIATING. LOL 

But EVERYTHING takes forever when it comes to credit.

"We'll let you know in 7-10 days."

Why not tomorrow by email?

"You'll receive your card in 10-14 business days."

Why not give me the option to FedEx it in 2-3 days? (Some banks do, thankfully, but not most.)

"Your expected wait time is one hour."

Just how many people are calling to cancel their trial of CCT right this very second???

You can only apply for a new card every six months.

But... my credit has shot up SO MUCH since I last applied!!

Waiting for changes to report to your credit reports... ugh.

Removed myself as AU from some of my husband's cards to bring down the number of "new accounts", which has been getting me denied credit and two weeks later they're all still showing on all my reports.

This is 2017. We have the technology to make most stuff happen automatically. (For example, the CC companies COULD set their system to report changes like removing AUs or CLIs to the bureaus immediately on an automated basis, but they don't. It takes weeks.)

Am I the only one who curses how long everything takes with regards to credit? It's one of the slowest concepts I know of, other than waiting for shipping from China or Japan. LOL 

I wish I could be one of those people that just goes about their lives without getting impatient, but after 40+ years of trying, it ain't gonna happen. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Is SO SLOW

I agree with some of what you're saying regarding things credit-related taking a long time.  For those in the process of a rebuild, this process can take several years, even 7-10 years depending on how bad things got at the lowest point.  For those that are constantly looking at their reports during this time period, no doubt it can seem like an eternity.

A couple of random pieces of feedback in response to a few of your bullet points.  One, you can cancel a CCT trial membership via email in under a minute.  No need to hang out on the phone for excessive amounts of time, or even deal with a human being for that matter.  Second, removing yourself as an AU may be doing yourself more harm than good.  Usually people add as an AU to extend the length of their credit history.  I have no idea the age of your husband's oldest account (that you're an AU on) or what your AAoA is with and without his accounts on your report, but I'd think it would be beneficial to keep yourself as an AU if your credit history is as young as you suggest it is.  Being an AU on his accounts shouldn't be considered "new accounts" on your credit report unless they are "new accounts" on HIS credit report.  The age of the account is based on when the account was opened, not when it landed on your credit report.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Is SO SLOW

His accounts are new like mine. He filed BK in 2009, and he hasn't done very much with credit since then other than a couple of cards that were charged off after he lost his job a few years ago.

I added myself as AU to help my utilization since we don't use his store cards much, but we've had to max out (or close to it) all of our bank cards recently due to emergencies and we've been working on paying them down, but it's a process even though they are relatively small limits. Our largest bank card is my 99/500 from BofA. It was at $463 at the last statement date, and we've got it down to around $406 this month by putting in $5 here and $30 there. My Discover was at $170/$200 and I have it down to under 100/200. Tiny limits are KILLING our utilization. We don't need more credit for credit's sake, we just need padding so when we have to use $300 on a card for an emergency expense, our credit won't completely tank until we can pay it back.

ALL of our cards were obtained this spring and summer, except some stuff like Aaron's that I paid off and was never late on but creditors don't seem to be taking into consideration, and his car payment which we've had for about three years and although we have been late a few times, they have been wonderful to never report us as such.

My oldest accounts are about 4 years old, but they don't seemed to be counted in my AAoA, because even though I paid them all on time and completely paid them off, everything says my AAoA is about 4 months.

I'm AU on my son's $8,300 NFCU card, but he just got it 3 months ago. And I'm AU on his $1,700 Discover, which he got in spring of this year. He's just been building credit for about a year.

So unfortunately most of our accounts are very new, other than my husband's car payment and his older accounts like jewelry store accounts that are all closed but mostly paid as agreed.

I've had 21 years of medical bills for 7 kids and no insurance most of that time, so I had pretty much given up on EVER having credit until this year when BofA sent me a mailer for the 99/500 and it made me feel like maybe I had a chance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.