cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma: Closing secured credit card = deleted?

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma: Closing secured credit card = deleted?

Would you care then to substantiate your claims of your "good advice"?

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditKarma is a joke my score with CK is always 40 points less than what it actually is yes 40!! Accounts that I have is not even listed then one month it will get listed and it will give me an alert of a new account which is the acct that was missing that ive had for years and bump my score up, then 2 months later it will delete an account ive closed and drop my score like crazy, with me and in my experience its never been accurate.

I dont even log into it anymore.

Message 22 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

40 is all?  Mine on there is like 70 points lower that my true FICO TU, atthough my vantage is pretty perky lol.. something is really wrong with that sight!

Message 23 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know FAKO only calculates AAoOA

CK relies on AAoOA but that doesn't mean that all FAKO's use AAoOA.  There are many more than just one FAKO model out there.

@Anonymous wrote:

myFico hasn't given me any adverse updates as of yet. Am I just freaking out over lame FAKO/CK nonsense? 

Yup.  That is, unless you have a creditor that relies on scores generated by the same model that CK uses.

@Anonymous wrote:

Say what you want, but multiple data points indicate that the CK score is consistently close if not equal to your FICO 04 score.  Useless?  I don't think so. 

All depends on the intended usage.  If you're wondering what score a creditor will pull and the creditor doesn't use TU 04 is its useless.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.