Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma = LOL

tag
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Karma = LOL

I tried to use CK the other day and it wouldnt let me register. Fired off an email and here was the reply I received;

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. However, as you were told when you closed your account:

Please keep in mind that you will be locked out of the Credit Karma service following your account termination. You will not be able to create or access your credit information at any time via Credit Karma."

I don't remember ever using them before, but I guess it's possible... But the tin foil hat in me makes me wonder why "once they have you, they have you forever" approach.. Data is a valuable asset these days I guess...

Message 21 of 33
FrugalRican
Blogger

That's odd, Freefall.

I've about given up on LOLUnion/LOLKarma.

Nothing has updated in the past week with any inquiries. I'll pull my free Transunion in June, I'm not in a hurry to see my inquiries.

It's still reporting 2 accounts as closed.

I keep pressing Update every day, but still nothing.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 22 of 33
FrugalRican
Blogger

Okay, so LOLUnionKarma finally updated.

I have no idea what in the world is going on with this.

It now updated with 2 open accounts, which I am guessing are my BCE and Discover.

My AAOA shot down to 2 years and 6 months, which I guess "makes sense" since they don't factor closed accounts. It's accurately displaying my utilization overall though.

Nice to see the DTI on there.

Here's my problem though:

Even though it added the 2 new accounts, it still has me at 1 INQ. Curious, very curious.

It's listing 6 accounts instead of 4 now, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where it is getting 2 closed accounts from. I only have 1 lol How do I have 2 new accounts added but the INQ's stay the same?

My TransRisk score went down 12 points... oh noes! Not the FAKO!

Interesting tool overall though, specially since it's free. Not so bad I guess.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 23 of 33
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

It now updated with 2 open accounts, which I am guessing are my BCE and Discover.

My AAOA shot down to 2 years and 6 months, which I guess "makes sense" since they don't factor closed accounts. It's accurately displaying my utilization overall though.

Even though it added the 2 new accounts, it still has me at 1 INQ. Curious, very curious.

It's listing 6 accounts instead of 4 now, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where it is getting 2 closed accounts from. I only have 1 lol How do I have 2 new accounts added but the INQ's stay the same?

it appears you are not drilling down to see the information of which cards are reporting. If you click on the circle with arrow in the box that shows the total of credit card debt now and at the last update, as well as the amount it has changed, then the itemized list of credit cards pops up with the balances.  Also, there are line by line comments when you do the update that tells you what new activity happened, like which new accounts are now posting. I suspect you are only looking at the summaries and not the details.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 24 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

it appears you are not drilling down to see the information of which cards are reporting. If you click on the circle with arrow in the box that shows the total of credit card debt now and at the last update, as well as the amount it has changed, then the itemized list of credit cards pops up with the balances.  Also, there are line by line comments when you do the update that tells you what new activity happened, like which new accounts are now posting. I suspect you are only looking at the summaries and not the details.

my fiance and I just logged into CK to see what it said about him...  Basically under the CC section they were trying to sell him on a BT to Cap 1, Orchard, and surpirsingly Chase Freedom...    Lets just say he won't be taking those offers...  The balance reported on there is not accurate as of today, the cards he is AU on reported a balance on the last statement cycle, however these are now at 0.. We are waiting for those to update, and then he'll be apping for NFCU Platinum...  Seems like he has a good chance with them to get an individual card. The only thing i'm worried about is that he has a fairly recent paid CO with Citi. All other accounts are in good standing, paid in full never late.   His ex wife applied for that Citi card using his info and bought her BOYFRIEND a motorcycle with it.

DA wouldn't prosecute because they were already prosecuting her for abuse crimes against her children. I'm wondering if he can get that removed with a copy of the police report?  Anyone have any experience?  We did actually settle that account because I didn't want us getting sued after we are married... I have too much property and assets that I earned before I met him to be at risk like that.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 33
sqrt
Contributor

It should be same as your TU reports. 

I think BCE pulled EX and Discover pulled TU, that's why CK only showed on hard from Discover. 

They calculate the AAoA for the open accounts, so it's not really your AAoA.

For the total accounts, they also count your loan and stuff...do you have closed loan or other things?

I think generally CK is exactly the same as TU report. 

My TU report is missing my oldest account, so does my CK. 

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Message 26 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

When my fiance and I checked his report, his CK doesn't have any of his old account on it, we just saw the newer ones.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 33
sqrt
Contributor

Then maybe his old accounts don't show up at TU report - same as mine. 

Again, just check the TU report and you will find out

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Message 28 of 33
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@sqrt wrote:

It should be same as your TU reports. 

I think BCE pulled EX and Discover pulled TU, that's why CK only showed on hard from Discover. 

They calculate the AAoA for the open accounts, so it's not really your AAoA.

For the total accounts, they also count your loan and stuff...do you have closed loan or other things?

I think generally CK is exactly the same as TU report. 

My TU report is missing my oldest account, so does my CK. 

+1.  In my experience, they've been the same.  There's a lot of bashing of CK here but without comparison to a TU report.  If you're looking at CK and something is missing, and you can't confirm that it is on TU, then you don't really know if CK has an issue or if it just isn't on your TU report.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 33
sooner63
Established Member

I'm not sure why it's that big of a deal. You are comparing apples to oranges. If you want what information affects your Fico scores, don't look to Credit Karma for that. However, if you are curious to know your Transrisk or Vantage score, then CK is the place to go.

When I want to know a baseball score I don't check out a basketball website. Nor do I think the site is fake for not showing baseball scores.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.