Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Makes No Sense To Me

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Credit Karma Makes No Sense To Me

So, I check CK. In their grading system I have 3 - As, 2 - Bs and one C (for inquiries, mostly car loan) and my overall grade is C.  I'm like the "Lost in Space" robot: "That does not compute."

I know they are FAKO, but shouldn't they employ some reasonable methodolgy to arrive at a score/grade?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Makes No Sense To Me

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

So, I check CK. In their grading system I have 3 - As, 2 - Bs and one C (for inquiries, mostly car loan) and my overall grade is C.  I'm like the "Lost in Space" robot: "That does not compute."

I know they are FAKO, but shouldn't they employ some reasonable methodolgy to arrive at a score/grade?

Yeah right penny Robinson Lol

You would think so but CK= no rhyme no reason 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
RushXTC
Established Contributor

That's not a real grading system, It's a CK internal grading system based on what they think is good for you. Basically half of these things are of "High importance" some of "Medium" and some of "low" that has to do with your overall CK report card grading.

Don't worry about it much.

Message 3 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

That's not a real grading system, It's a CK internal grading system based on what they think is good for you. Basically half of these things are of "High importance" some of "Medium" and some of "low" that has to do with your overall CK report card grading.

Don't worry about it much.

I'm not worried beecause I know it has no basis in reality.  I'm just curious as to why it has no basis in reality.Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

I don't think they average all your grades together, i think they based the overall grade off your CK Score.

Message 5 of 9
Peter1142
Established Contributor

CK doesn't even have full access to your credit history. It mostly outright ignores closed accounts. The score is useless (and it's a good thing to, as it is pretty harsh with me, way below my FICO's.) It gives me a D despite the "High Importance" categories being A-B.

It is good for free TU monitoring, and that's about it.

Message 6 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

CK doesn't even have full access to your credit history. It mostly outright ignores closed accounts. The score is useless (and it's a good thing to, as it is pretty harsh with me, way below my FICO's.) It gives me a D despite the "High Importance" categories being A-B.

+1, it is excellent for monitoring, as long as we don't pay attention to the score.

Message 7 of 9
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

My Credit Karma "A" GRADE for Credit SCORE definitely trumps the cumulative effects of all of the other scores!

My Credit Report Card

Your Credit Report Card shows you the main factors influencing your score.

Congratulations! Your credit score indicates that you have used credit responsibly and have done an excellent job of managing your debts.

Grade A

Credit Card Utilization

C

Payment History

A

Age of Credit History

C

Total Accounts

C

Credit Inquiries

C

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 8 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

Agreed!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.