Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Scores--748?

tag
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma Scores--748?

Hi,

How reliable are CK scores? Currently, my score is 748. Two months ago, Transunion gave me 731 when I was applying for a credit card. 

I really like that the CK scores are provided free of charge. Although we don't get to check daily anymore, I still enjoy their free service.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Scores--748?

CK scores can't be considered reliable at all because no lender uses that scoring model. Also, CK doesn't score closed accounts and perhaps does a few other non-standard things. However I've always found my CK score to be pretty close to reality. YMMV so it's best to track the CK score only to get an idea of the trend of your credit, whether it's going up or down. Don't rely too much on the actual number.

Message 2 of 3
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Scores--748?

Their FAKO score can range from as much as 100 points below your actual FICO, to 100 points above your actual FICO....

For me, CK has always shown a score of about 50-70points lower than my actual TU FICO.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.