Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Scores and Reports

tag
Mm587
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma Scores and Reports

I am familiar Fako vs. Fico, but I have a question about creditKarma.  They are showing tow scores and reports - TU and EQ....The reports are def accurate, but what about the scores....are they still FAKO?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Scores and Reports

CK does not use FICO scores.  When people say they are FAKO, they just mean they are not actual FICO scores.  I'm not sure what scoring system CK uses, but it's definitely not FICO's

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 7
A1Credit
Established Contributor

CK uses Vantage Scores that are pretty much obsolete.  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 3 of 7
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Besides CK or CCT could you guys recommend a good accurate monitoring site? CCT is nice but I'm having trouble navigating it and finding things like HP or active accounts, it gives me a number of how many accounts I might have but not the specific ones.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm the dumb guy that overpays to use the actual sites themselves - Equifax and Experian. The packages I have on both give me daily updates and alerts. I use Trans Union too, but for whatever reason they display FAKO. I'm hopeful that it's just because I don't have a real FICO yet, but if that turns out not to be the case I'll cancel them. I'll be checking out MyFico's product once I have real FICO scores. http://www.myfico.com/products/ultimate-three-bureau-credit-report/

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Federalist you can get a better myfico 3B reports this one updates credit reports monthly unlike the Ultimate which is quarterly, if I'm not mistaken...you get more bang for your buck with myfico Premier here's the link for the monthly 3B CR product

http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-Premier-3B/
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelholder wrote:
Besides CK or CCT could you guys recommend a good accurate monitoring site? CCT is nice but I'm having trouble navigating it and finding things like HP or active accounts, it gives me a number of how many accounts I might have but not the specific ones.

I find CCT extremely eash to use and navigate... perhaps you just need to spend a little more time on it?  It sounds like you're just under the overview tab.  If you go under the "reports" tab you'll get to a ton of sub-tabs that have all the information you are looking for.  For example, under "accounts" you'll see all accounts that are on your credit report, open or closed.  There's an inquiries tab as well. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.