Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma TU dropped drastically

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma TU dropped drastically

Just two days ago my TU score increased by 63 points, then yesterday it dropped by 43 points.  I disputed something (it was deleted from my credit report).  Apparently it affected the amount of time I have had credit.  In fact, it went from 23 years to 3 years. Will it go back up?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma TU dropped drastically

Only with time if it stays off your report. They average out your age by how long all your accounts have been open. By removing one with so much tone, it drastically reduces that agree average
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, but it's Credit Karma reporting this drop. Fico hasn't changed. I'm confused about that.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Okay, but it's Credit Karma reporting this drop. Fico hasn't changed. I'm confused about that.

Ignore Credit Karma's scores, Fico scores are what count.

Message 4 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Ignore Credit Karma's scores, Fico scores are what count.

+1 Credit Karma uses Vantage 3.0 score models which no lender/creditor uses at all. Use websites like CK for tracking balances, new accounts, and inquiries. Anything else they report is of no use to you.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI disputed something (it was deleted from my credit report).  Apparently it affected the amount of time I have had credit.  In fact, it went from 23 years to 3 years.

Can you elaborate a bit on this?  What do you mean?  Did you dispute a 23 year old account and the account was removed?  If it was removed, it will impact your FICO scores as well if this dramatically drops your AoOA and AAoA.  If it's an old account that was open but was just closed, that would not impact your FICO scores, although the CK fluff software would lead you to believe that it impacts your age of accounts (it doesn't).

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it wasn't a 23 year old account that was delete. I don't know exactly which account affected my score so much. But, I think you are right about the CK "fluff" as my fico scores stayed the same after CK "dropped" my TU score.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.