Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Transrisk vs. Vantage

tag
mschang
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Transrisk vs. Vantage

@Cranski wrote:

The numbers are useless but the alerts are usefull. Such notices as score change, HP notices, and any change in insurance risk evaluation. Not the amounts just the notice of change.

the insurance risk number is actually used by someone?? that number has NEVER moved for me despite my FICO and FAKOs increasing. but still... someone uses the insurance risk number??

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 11 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mschang wrote:

the insurance risk number is actually used by someone?? that number has NEVER moved for me despite my FICO and FAKOs increasing. but still... someone uses the insurance risk number??

Insurance company (car, house, etc) does use your insurance risk score to calculate your rate.

Message 12 of 15
mschang
Regular Contributor

it figures the one i don't pay attention to is the useful one

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 13 of 15
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Bah, if chase uses vantage id be thrilled. My vantage on ck is in the low-mid 700s

Not to be a bubble-burster but remember that the Vantage Score scale goes from 501 - 990.  A bit different than the FICO.

Mine has been hanging around the 750s for the past few months too.

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 14 of 15
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Not sure Vantage is any good at all, got a 71 point raise because I lowered my UTL by $41 and then a 65 point drop for some other reason.. 141 points of  movement in a single week and I have a very thick file that should be fairly stable,and nothing major happen, no new baddies showing up just paying bills and various cards reporting. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.