Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma and Sesame

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma and Sesame

Why are these scores so different and can we use these scores to our advantage
these scores are 60 points lower than Fico very disappointed! Please give advice!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Karma and Sesame

Credit Karma uses Vantage 3.0 and most likely Sesame as well, someone can chime in on that.These arent widely used scores and can be as much as 100 points below or above your actual ficos. CK is good to monitor your reports, scores not so much.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There commercials are very misleading
Message 3 of 12
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Yeah as AJC mentioned, they provide accurate reports but use a different algorithm to arrive at a score which takes into account different things and weighs certain things differently. Banks most likely won't look at these scores whenever they need to do a credit check.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue comes up quite a bit...and honestly YES the commercials are "over reaching" IMO

BUT, c'mon ADULT consumers also have to LOOK and READ the box!!!

They said it's breakfast cereal
They said it taste GREAT
They it has Flakes
They said it's Frosted with Sugar

But it ain't Kellogg's brand Frosted Flakes unless it says so and actually has Tony on the box....all those other 'look-a-like' taste similar store brand/generic products can ONLY be "somewhat" LIKE Frosted Flakes

So why witch, moan and be Shocked and Surprised that it ain't EXACTLY the same as the NAME BRAND?

You didn't BUY the name brand, did you?

In what DREAMLAND is the "name brand" given away for FREE when the actual owners of the brand (FICO) makes their 💰 selling the name brand...if grown ups THINK it out they'd see that's a SILLY notion

Plus, it's right there on the site...it says those scores are 'educational' in nature produced using the Vantage Scoring model...now that should ring the bell of WHO THE FREAK is Vantage?
That isn't FICO...duh?

The same way the Free/Cheap
Toasted Sugar Flakes ain't
Frosted Flakes

*As mentioned the actual REPORT and monthly INFO that CK opens up and shows is legit and that is of value to know what's on the reports, what may have changed etc so CK has it's place and does a good job, especially as a freebie
They add to the mix, these 'alternative' score as an 'extra' that confuses ppl but sure you can call it a cola but it isn't the Coke Cola that many are going to assume that it is.

My advice, take the Free coffee, leave the stale doughnuts...not a big deal, the coffee is fine...Dem doughnuts ain't Krispy Kreme though 😫
Message 5 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Credit Karma uses Vantage 3.0 and most likely Sesame as well, someone can chime in on that.These arent widely used scores and can be as much as 100 points below or above your actual ficos. CK is good to monitor your reports, scores not so much.

Yes Credit Sesame also uses Vantage 3.0.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why are these scores so different and can we use these scores to our advantage
these scores are 60 points lower than Fico very disappointed! Please give advice!

Why is it disappointing that there are different scoring models in the world?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

He's not disappointed that there are different models, just that his non-fico scores are not of the same caliber as his FICO scores.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely Thank you
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'll work on my Fico not fako score some more ...
I don't do generic anything ...
I move on to the real thing if I made a misjudgment shame on me and keep trying hard like I always do! Have a great day!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.