cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma bad reporting

tag
sirus73

Credit Karma bad reporting

Just updated today as I do everday. My score increased by 5 points due to an account being reported as closed.

The only problem is that it isn't closed. I checked the acct. to make sure and sure enough it's good and alive.

Anyone else had this type of problem with them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma bad reporting

i have a couple accounts that are closed but being reported with the AF that posted before I closed them, and the AF was credited back to the account after they were closed verify online that both have a zero balance. But perhaps the card companies haven't reported on the accounts since closing its been a couple months at least on them. But other wise all the data is accurate, scores are worthless, thus making card recomendations pointless. But good for getting details like reporting dates and blances for the most part. 

pulled my Transunion  Report, both accounts were HSBC accounts one closed before transistion to CapOne and reports zero balance but not closed.  The other closed post transistion, last update 5/11/2012 but reports as currently paid as agreed, no negs on the TL. But $59 balance. On neither account does it list a notation to being closed. I think I am just going to let them sit as is who knows may gain me a few extra months of AAoA at the end of the 10 years reporting, and I don't want the TL to disapear which could happen if I dispute them as both TL's are good no negs, have are older than my current AAoA. The HSBC account is just an orphan I guess, HSBC doesn't own the account it sold it but was allready closed.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma pulls from TU.  So it is a reporting issue on your TU report.  I would check your other reports and then contact the lender for fix action.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 4
sirus73

thanx Dave, I'll try that.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.