Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma has Change for the Worst

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma has Change for the Worst

Apparently they dont notify of new inquiries anymore either. Apped for something yesterday that pulled TU never got a notice of it.

Message 11 of 33
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

This is not your UI?  

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 3.07.53 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 3.16.31 PM.jpg

I found it now. It has nothing to do with the drop down. It's on the page itself.

American Express Blue Cash Every | Discover it | Citi Double Cash | Citi Custom Cash (10/2021) | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Slate | Capital One Quicksilver | Amazon Store Card | PayPal Credit | J. Crew | Old Navy | Experian: 785 Equifax: 798 Transunion: 777 |
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a free monitoring tool its great. Vantage scores don't do a thing for me.  Their rec. I take with a grain of salt.     

Message 13 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HeavenOhio wrote:

My UI changed between yesterday and today.

Ah split testing the new UI; other than the awkwardness of learning something new, how does it look and feel compared to the old one which I thought was a little kludgy personally in terms of too many mouse clicks and scrolling to get to where I wanted?

        
Message 14 of 33
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's really hard to tell because both interfaces aren't available. But I think they've eliminated things. I don't see the old reports, my names, or employment history. And the word "report" doesn't seem to be used at all.

There's a list of accounts like before, but I don't know if the information accompanying the accounts has changed. Payment history only goes back through 2014. I don't know if that's a change or not, but in comparison, freecreditscore.com goes back the full seven years. You also see your score history for the past two months. And you get information on the six credit factors: Credit card use, Payment history, Derogatory marks, Credit age, Total accounts, and Hard inquiries. As far as I can tell, that's about it. Most of the menu items are trying to sell stuff.

new-karma-menu.png

Message 15 of 33
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I agree. When you begin rebuilding, it is an excellent way to see when certain baddies, charge offs, etc may disappear as well as new good information  without spending about $20.00 to get each update. The scores are amusing although they can assist you in "score trending" so that you can see if you are sinking, dog paddling, or swimming to new your new positive goals.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU Vantage score on CK has dropped by exactly one point today, from 684 to 683, while my FICO went from 624 to 640. I'm pretty positive that I'll recover that point and more once my next payments post and my Amazon Store Card goes back down below 30% util again.

Message 17 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My TU Vantage score on CK has dropped by exactly one point today, from 684 to 683, while my FICO went from 624 to 640. I'm pretty positive that I'll recover that point and more once my next payments post and my Amazon Store Card goes back down below 30% util again.

Heh I'm always entertained by VS, though it flatly hates my 10/2015 30D late on TU apparently.

707 -> 747 today with the tax lien getting airstruck from TU... but both my EX/EQ with tax lien are still over 800.  

        
Message 18 of 33
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Yeah the UI has changed dramatically and you cant find things like old reports and some of the notifications you used to...

Screenshot 2017-05-14 at 12.36.44 PM.png

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK shows everything my actual bureau reports show. I haven't noticed any differences.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.