Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma has Change for the Worst

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma has Change for the Worst

@dmFICO8 wrote:

Revelate, have you checked CreditKarma after around June 11? Since June 11, old link trick no longer works for me, it will redirect to the new interface no matter what, looks like we are stuck with the new interface until next new interface or they revert back to the old interface. I have never tried the app, FICOdeMio mentioned the app interface is still like the old interface in pc.

It doesn't work for me as of today either; I should've taken a lot closer detail to the links after you posted the original thread, maybe there's still a way to get back to them.

The app interface as of today IS still the old interface though with all the features that I loved, so I guess I will be using that for the time being as I'm too lazy to try to sniff and then unencrypt the session from the app... the app is just a skin of the website rather than a true native app, so that content is still available somewhere for the full credit report interface.

TBH I had mostly just used the web and the app sporadically, but guess I will be using the app more where I have things like sort options for the data and access to the old credit reports.

        
Message 31 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

In the old version it was a great tool. Now it removed many of the bits of information it provided. Perhaps the pay services wanted them to remove it. I think each of the big 3 own a pay for monthly report service.  Then to get the real info you could 1) get 1 free per   year or 2) go to a pay for info  service.  You have to recall this service is still free report 

EX has already moved to a monthly free service, did that back in December IIRC.  

I still don't have any place to get my EQ data from though besides CK so I'm sort of stuck with it but it's so heinously nerfed in the new web interface that it's hard to not be disappointed.

The app is OK for now, but if that gets busted then I probably need to add either Wallethub or CreditTracker into my regular checks for TU.  I lose a lot more time now trying to get to stuff on the new CK interface but I probably used CK differently than most people too.  Maybe their UX redesign was built around how people were using the site but it's hard to see how a loss of functionality (and it wasn't complicated previously) is a good thing.  

I don't know who owns CK frankly, not certain that TU/EQ could've mandated anything like that or why they would want to.  More people will be abusing the dispute function now, and I fail to see how that's a good thing for the bureaus.

        
Message 32 of 33
Blodreina
Established Contributor

If enough people complain, maybe there's a chance that we could get a "revert" option or something.

1. Profile & Settings
  2. Help Center
  3. Submit a request
  4. I want to leave feedback
  5. Send us negative feedback
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.