Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

Credit Karma is Nutty

[ Edited ]

Yes, I know I shouldn't give a **** about CK's Fako scores, but at least I thought they made some kind of sense. Ever since I signed up with CK, my most "serious" issue was my AAoA. Yesterday, I was at 701. Today, Amex started to report with a backdate of 1988! So I went from a 4-month AAoA with the oldest account being 8 months to an AAoA of 4 years, 5 months with the oldest account being 25 years, 1 month. Pretty awesome right? Except that my CK score sank 41 points to 660. Does this make any kind of sense? I know places like CK, Sesame and the like are only good for checking changes to your CR, but even though I know that, it still irks me...LOL!

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Credit Karma is Nutty

indiolatino61 wrote:

Yes, I know I shouldn't give a **** about CK's Fako scores, but at least I thought they made some kind of sense. Ever since I signed up with CK, my most "serious" issue was my AAoA. Yesterday, I was at 701. Today, Amex started to report with a backdate of 1988! So I went from a 4-month AAoA with the oldest account being 8 months to an AAoA of 4 years, 5 months with the oldest account being 25 years, 1 month. Pretty awesome right? Except that my CK score sank 41 points to 660. Does this make any kind of sense? I know places like CK, Sesame and the like are only good for checking changes to your CR, b ut even though I know that, it still irks me...LOL!

You Think? Lol

Creditkarma well is creditkarma dont let it get you down:smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Frequent Contributor
Countingpennies

I think I'd be pulling my TU report pretty quick if I saw that on mine.
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

indiolatino61 wrote:

Yes, I know I shouldn't give a **** about CK's Fako scores, but at least I thought they made some kind of sense. Ever since I signed up with CK, my most "serious" issue was my AAoA. Yesterday, I was at 701. Today, Amex started to report with a backdate of 1988! So I went from a 4-month AAoA with the oldest account being 8 months to an AAoA of 4 years, 5 months with the oldest account being 25 years, 1 month. Pretty awesome right? Except that my CK score sank 41 points to 660. Does this make any kind of sense? I know places like CK, Sesame and the like are only good for checking changes to your CR, but even though I know that, it still irks me...LOL!

i had the same thing happen to me recently but it was 2 baddies falling off, and my score went down, I have a lower CK score now with 1 baddie than i did with 3 reporting, I expect to go down again next month when my last baddie falls off. The only reason I can attribute this too is being rebucketed, but I didn't think FAKO's had buckets...

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014
Frequent Contributor
jdirilo

What is rebucketed?

I'm still a newbie here, for the most part, but since CK pulls TU, I would be curious to see what changed on my tu report asap. And check my score too. But that's just me. I know CK tends to be off on scores but its still detecting a change somewhere, so maybe those things falling off, or something else, actually did hurt your score but maybe not as drastically as they portray? Idk.
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

[ Edited ]

Hey jd,

As I understand it, your credit score is based on the comparison between yourself and others according to similar parameters, or in the vernacular, within this particular "bucket." For example, statistically everyone in a certain score range will have similar AAoA, Utilization and # of accounts in good standing. However, let's say you build your score to a level that is considered "excellent." Now you are in another "bucket" and you will be scored according to the people in this range, which most likely will have higher AAoA's, lower utilizations and more open accounts in good standing. Therefore, unfortunately, even though your credit is stronger, your actual numerical score will be lower. Yes, I hate this too...lol. I hope this is clear, but please chime in if anyone has corrections or clarifications. Thanks.

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
Valued Member
beenjammin

[ Edited ]

Thanks for explaining this, I just had an ah..ha moment. I've been trying to wrap my head around ck's inconsistencies for months and this explains it. Thanks!

Where else does this re-bucketing occur?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}