Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma is so awful

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Credit Karma is so awful

Before I start my rant-yes I know its not a Fico score. So spare the comments lol.

But since last September my score hasn't moved more than a few points even though I have paid down $2500 in credit cards, and have had 2 major CLI on another account. And hasn't changed at all since March..

The sad thing is that when you look at the "Credit Report Card" it reads as follows:

Utilization 22% B
% of on time payments 100% A
AAoA 5.67 years C
Total accounts 17 B
Hard inquiries:Zero A
Derogatory remarks:Zero A

So, it scores me as all "A's and B's" with ONE "C" and yet my overall grade is a "C"

My score on here has only gone from 654 to 660 in one year after paying down debt and drastically reducing my util from about 50% to 22%.

You can't make this stuff up. Apparently AAoA must be worth an insane amount for it to bring me down that far.

It actually "dings" me because I "only" have 17 accounts lol. Which of course include open and closed accounts.

So silly.

/rant
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma is so awful

And this would be why not many people put a whole lot of stock in CK "reports". 

Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 8
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Don't let that stuff bother you. CK wants people to have at least 21 accounts for one thing. My CK scores used to be waay higher than my fico scores. In fact when i first started rebuilding i couldnt even get a real fico score cause i didnt qualify but CK had me at like 735. It still has me in the 700s whereas my fico scores havent hit 700 yet once since i started rebuilding in jan. CL used to be better because it would pull TU every time one logged in. Now it just does it like once a week or something.

Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

CK only factors in open OC accounts.  FICO factors in all OC accounts.

+1 this is your answer

Only use CK for montoring INQ's and changes to your TU file other than that no need to worry.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

CK only factors in open OC accounts.  FICO factors in all OC accounts.

+1 this is your answer

Only use CK for montoring INQ's and changes to your TU file other than that no need to worry.

+2

Exactly.  If you want a better assessment, then FICO is your resource.  Otherwise, no worries.

Message 6 of 8
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Finally-it updated and jumped 96 points in one week lol
Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.