cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma score drop with only positve changes.

tag
Cstolpe493
Established Member

Credit Karma score drop with only positve changes.

My scores on Credit Karma show a drop of almost 70 points with only positive changes occurring. My utilization went down and well as an inquiry dropping off. I'm confused. My score that updated yesterday from Discover shows an increase. Credit Sesame shows no drop either. My Creditwise from Capitol One shows the same unexplained drop. I have no new accounts, no accounts have dropped off, no late payments, or no new negative items. Has anyone else been experiencing this lately?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Karma score drop with only positve changes.

Pretty sure you're fine. Out of all the scoring websites/reports you use Discover is the only one that's accurate for reporting your score since they use the FICO scoring model pulling Experian I believe. Others like Credit Wise and Credit Karma use a different scoring model (Vantage I think) that most lenders don't use at the moment.

For most free scoring reports I would just use them for monitoring changes on your credit such as new accounts, balances, inquiries, and so on. When you want a true FICO score review from all 3 bureaus use a service like myFICO or Credit Check Total to get your scores.

Message 2 of 6
Cstolpe493
Established Member

Thanks, I appreciate your advice. I was just a little upset seeing the drops after months of my score only increasing. I'll get some real scores from either myFico or Credit Check Total just to make sure something hasn't changed that I'm not seeing at the moment.
Message 3 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Then I would suggest Credit Check Total then. For a $1 free trial you can get your 3 FICO scores and once you do just cancel the membership before the 7 days are up. A lot of people on here do that when they want a quick glimpse. Or if you do want to keep it cancel it anyways and I think they offer half off membership. There are threads on this on the forums if you search for it.

I haven't had experience with myFICO but I'm sure a quick forum search will give you the info you need for what they provide as well.

Message 4 of 6
Cstolpe493
Established Member

So I just checked my actual fico scores and none of them have decreased. So I guess it's just an issue with the Vantage scores at this time. Thanks again.
Message 5 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That's good to hear! And no problem.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.