cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma score dropped significantly!

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Karma score dropped significantly!

@CreditOCDinCali wrote:
what can I do to get back up?

Why are you worried about them?  Which of your creditors or creditor you intend to app with actually use VantageScores?

Focus on the data in your reports versus specific numbers.  Good reports will lead to good scores.

@CreditOCDinCali wrote:
and even multiple times per month.

Unfortunately, number of payments doesn't really matter.  It's the reported balances that matter.  If you need/want to make multiple payments that's fine.  Just don't expect your score to increase as a result.

See also:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

@CreditOCDinCali wrote:
The first time 2 student loan accounts closed and we're removed so that lowered my aoc d e 26 points 

"Aoc de"?  Closed accounts do not reduce your AAoA.  However, closed installments tend to have a bit of a hit.

@CreditOCDinCali wrote:
now 2 medical bills I disputed are now showing as closed collections and my score is now in the 550's. I was so close to 600. Now this :-(

That is unforunate but you do have to carefully research before taking action on derogs as you can make matters worse as you have experienced.  Those derogs will hold you down and have a major impact (they're killing your Payment History, the biggest slice above) so you need to see what you can do to get them removed.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree. This morning I logged into my credit karma account and it said my score dropped 57 points on my TransUnion! well I freaked out because we are under contract for a house and they are getting ready to run our scores again BUT THIS DROPPED on CK for NO REASON! theres no alerts on why! I logged into myFico and purchased two of my 3 reports on here to check the scores and they actually have went up its a complete world of difference between what CK is saying and Myfico. (which btw Myfico is alot more accurate bc their mortgage version is EXACTLY the scores my mortgage lender uses!)  CREDIT KARMA is horrible. (but it does keep you alerted accurately as fas as things hitting your report BUT THE SCORES ARE WAY OFF.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU score on CK is 42 points lower than my Fico 8 score. My Eq score is 37 points lower.

As was said before, CK is good to see detailed reporting of your individual accounts except for EX. The scores are irrelevant. 

Message 13 of 14
Sobossy86

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.