Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma updates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma updates?

If a tradeline was deleted, would that trigger CK to update before it's weekly update? Or would I have to wait for regular day fo update? (In my case Sunday).

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma updates?

You have to wait until the regular weekly update.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no magic power to make CK update more frequently than every 7 days. The timer starts the previous time it updated, not on a certain date, so it's always 7 days after your previous update.

Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If a tradeline was deleted, would that trigger CK to update before it's weekly update? Or would I have to wait for regular day fo update? (In my case Sunday). 

CK is not a trigger based service like myFICO.  CK will pull updated report data on its regular schedule for you.

Message 4 of 6
iv
Valued Contributor

Guys... that's not quite true.  CK does have triggers, although they are not as extensive as most services.

They alert and update the reports (and "scores") on at least inquiries, new accounts, and new addresses.

You just need to have the "Credit Monitoring" checkbox enabled under "Communications & Monitoring".

(Not that that helps the OP, since removal of a tradeline isn't a trigger for any service.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 6
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@iv wrote:

Guys... that's not quite true.  CK does have triggers, although they are not as extensive as most services.

They alert and update the reports (and "scores") on at least inquiries, new accounts, and new addresses.

You just need to have the "Credit Monitoring" checkbox enabled under "Communications & Monitoring".

(Not that that helps the OP, since removal of a tradeline isn't a trigger for any service.)

I can ditto that. I've had two additional updates because of changes in my credit report, that triggered CK to update before its scheduled 7 day update.

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.