Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Karma

Depends on what you're trying to do with it.  As stated above, if you have a creditor that uses VS 3.0 and uses TU or EQ then it's very reliable.  If you're trying to determine what your score is with any other scoring model then it's unreliable but that applies to all scoring model and not just VS 3.0.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model even if both models are FICO's.  You should expect different algorithms to produce different results.

Different models can be coincidentally close or even the same under specific conditions but coincidental != causal.

@jbsea wrote:

I wonder why your scores are higher on creditkarma, my Fico score are better then my vantage scores.  But it was not always like that.

Different models will produce different results.  They don't have fixed offsets.  They don't always even trend in the same direction.  They weight and evaluate factors differently even though they all use data from a given report.  My VS 3.0 scores happen to be pretty close to my FICO 8 scores but, again, that's coincidental and may not be the case for everyone.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma

Credit Karma says my TU score is 782 but I just got aproved for my new Sallie Mae Mastercard on Monday and it gave me a FICO score of 745. Smiley Sad

The reports from CK are spot-on (for me).

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.