Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Mess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Mess

Hey,

I am in a bad mess and looking for some guidance here. Couple years ago I was in big financial diffuculty due to divorce/pregnancy etc etc and wasn't able to pay some of my cards on time. I contacted CCCS (BIG MISTAKE!!!!!) and had worked out a deal to pay a certain amount monthly. I thought naively that it was all going be alright. I never checked my CR in a year (so stupid of me!) and since I never missed a CCCS payment I thought all was good. I look at CR when I wanted to refinance and to my shock my score had dropped 100 pts. CCCS was paying all the cards late and for each card there were 11 or 12 late payments posted a total of 60 late payments in my CR :-(. I contacted CCCS and OC but they were not helpful in the least. One of my card is a bad debt and now gone to NCO collection. I have a $30 collection reported on one of my credit report and I never got a letter from them ever so I had no clue it was even on my CR, How do I contact the agency? Only a number is mentioned in the CR and no name?  I cancelled CCCS and took it upon myself to start paying it off. I have been paying a little more than minimum due for last 6 months on all credit cards. I don't know if I can ever get the late payments off my CR. Is there a way? Also should I call NCO and try to settle (its for $1000).  FYI, I have never been late on mortgage and car payments. Here are my current FICO scores and debts:

EQ   592
TU    640
EXP  604

Citi            8500 (32.24% interest) - Account currently open
BOA         4500 (21.24% interest) - Account closed when on CCCS
Discover   5100 (25.24% interest) - Account closed when on CCCS
BMW        2500 (29.24% interest) - Account closed when on CCCS

Another Citi card in collection at NCO is $1097. Citibank was the only OC willing to work with me, all the others refused to even reduce my APR when I contacted them... Citi said they wil reduce my apr to 9.99% if I have 6 month good payment history (in Jan 2007) I still havent seen them reduce the APR. ANY HELP/ADVICE on how to repair my credit would be appreciated. I don't know which CC to pay off first. THANKS!!!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.