Reply
Valued Member
CHall
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎05-30-2007
0

Credit Monitoring Question

As stated in an earlier post, I am in the rebuilding phase.  From what I've been able to glean, it appears that TC is the only economically feasible way to monitor credit reports.  Is this correct?  Can one file disputes via TC?
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66
Posts: 356
Registered: ‎06-06-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question

TC seems to be a widely popular way to monitor your credit, just remember that the scores they give are FAKOs and should only be used as a guideline.
Valued Member
CHall
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎05-30-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question

Thanks Jag.  I'm not even worried about the score part yet.  I just about drove myself nuts chasing the score (FICO).  I'm just looking for the easiest way to monitor & dispute items on my report(s) then I'll worry about the scores.
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66
Posts: 356
Registered: ‎06-06-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question

TC is the way lots of us are doing just that. Good Luck!
Valued Member
CHall
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎05-30-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question

I read on one post that if you dipute in one way, the CRA's have 45 days to respond.  If you dispute via TC, does the same apply?  Seems like it was the annualcreditreport site that gave 45 days? 
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays
Posts: 7,326
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question

yes  that is what i understood. I made the mistake of using my free report to dispute & 45 day came in. On hubby's I paid for each report & dispute time is 30 days. The site for free is what you noted.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question



CHall wrote:
As stated in an earlier post, I am in the rebuilding phase.  From what I've been able to glean, it appears that TC is the only economically feasible way to monitor credit reports.  Is this correct?  Can one file disputes via TC?


There are other monitoring services, but in terms of economics I'd say you're spot on.
 
 
Several folks on other forums have been praising the monitoring service at AMEX, but you need to be a card holder. Folks who previously had been happy TC subscribers. Once I get back into AMEX's good graces, I'll probably check out their service.
 
You can't dispute from TC, but there are links.
 
If you don't have an EQ confirmation number.
 
If you do have an EQ confirmation number.
 
Regular Contributor
CreditHawk
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎06-08-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question

TrueCredit is not that expensive, but you should also know that they aren't very accurate with both their scores AND the reports they display.

Also know this: when you call their customer service center, you're calling INDIA to speak with a total stranger about your personal finances. Avoid the India mess and call them directly in the United States. I'll get back with you soon to give you that number. The India reps are so freakin clueless about credit and credit reports, scores, etc.

And another thing: TrueCredit will INUNDATE you... just flat out harrass you... with advertisments and pop-ups to purchase WORTHLESS products and services from their website. Don't buy anything other than just the monthly monitoring service. Everything else is a waste of money.
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎05-09-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question



Noah_Bodie wrote:

Several folks on other forums have been praising the monitoring service at AMEX, but you need to be a card holder. Folks who previously had been happy TC subscribers. Once I get back into AMEX's good graces, I'll probably check out their service.
I'm a TC daily puller here, and I've been hearing quite a bit of the AMEX monitoring service hype recently... I'm also a new AMEX card holder. I'm going to check it out...
 
Rob
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: Credit Monitoring Question



FICO_Focused wrote:


Noah_Bodie wrote:

Several folks on other forums have been praising the monitoring service at AMEX, but you need to be a card holder. Folks who previously had been happy TC subscribers. Once I get back into AMEX's good graces, I'll probably check out their service.
I'm a TC daily puller here, and I've been hearing quite a bit of the AMEX monitoring service hype recently... I'm also a new AMEX card holder. I'm going to check it out...
 
Rob


The main difference between TC and Amex CS is that TC forces you to wait 24 hours + 1 minute to pull a new report. CS will let you pull once during a 24 hour period. So you can pull at 11:59PM and 12:01 AM.
 
Although the TC scores are FAKO, they have always been a good guide to indicate changes within reports. CS FAKOs are essentially more worthless than TC FAKOs. They do not ever change, even from month to month. So they provide no guide.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}