Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide? & Credit Karma (CK) Question

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide? & Credit Karma (CK) Question

First, what happened to the Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide?  When you click on it, it says it's in a mod-restricted portion of the website... what taboo made the thread inaccessible?  Is MyFICO taking out the competition by only allowing discussions of the CMS found here?  I suppose that would make the most sense since MyFICO is a paid service and most others are free Smiley Indifferent  Anyways, since the guide is gone, I guess I will just make a brand new thread everytime a question pops into my head so we can continue to beat the dead horse on the same issue over and over... Smiley Indifferent

1)  I just signed up for Credit Karma (CK) for the first time ever.  My understanding is they now provide TU and EQ Vantage Score (VS) 3.0.  In addition, they provide a full credit report for both TU and EQ.  My question:  How often can you refresh your credit report by using CK?  Weekly? Monthly? Yearly?

2)  When I first tried to join, it said I had a freeze in place and could not complete registration.  I put in a temporary lift just for today so that I could complete enrollment.  When my security freeze is back in effect, will it break CK from updating?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide? & Credit Karma (CK) Question

IIRC it was removed because it wasn't being maintained.  Don't just assume intent.  You can also look at prior discussions as a resource for many topics.  If the search tool here doesn't work for you try a site restricted Google search.  Google allows you to filter results with date parameters if you only want recent discussions.  An example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=credit+karma+updates+freeze+site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com&oq=credit+k...

CK allows weekly updates.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide? & Credit Karma (CK) Question

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

First, what happened to the Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide?  When you click on it, it says it's in a mod-restricted portion of the website... what taboo made the thread inaccessible?  Is MyFICO taking out the competition by only allowing discussions of the CMS found here?  I suppose that would make the most sense since MyFICO is a paid service and most others are free Smiley Indifferent  Anyways, since the guide is gone, I guess I will just make a brand new thread everytime a question pops into my head so we can continue to beat the dead horse on the same issue over and over... Smiley Indifferent

1)  I just signed up for Credit Karma (CK) for the first time ever.  My understanding is they now provide TU and EQ Vantage Score (VS) 3.0.  In addition, they provide a full credit report for both TU and EQ.  My question:  How often can you refresh your credit report by using CK?  Weekly? Monthly? Yearly?

2)  When I first tried to join, it said I had a freeze in place and could not complete registration.  I put in a temporary lift just for today so that I could complete enrollment.  When my security freeze is back in effect, will it break CK from updating?

It was severely out of date and contained many errors.

The reports on CK refresh once a week.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.