Regular Contributor
delayedinsanity

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

[ Edited ]

jimbo831 wrote:

Yes, I am 100% sure.  If I had a relative that was in the military, USAA would only know if I told them, and they never asked.  The message you got is not a denial for no military affiliation.  It sounds like you are either under 18, or put in the wrong birthdate so it thought you were under 18.  Also, you didn't give ME your birthdate and it isn't MY system.  I am in no way affiliated with USAA.  If I were you, I would call them to find out what happened, but I would bet money that you put in a birthdate that would indicate you are under 18.

I wasn't blaming you? I was merely asking, because the system denied me at first...

...anyways, the update is that I did call them, and even though I gave them the right birthdate (I'm definitely not 18, or under) the system just choked according to the person I talked to on the phone. They confirmed also that since my father-in-law was military that grants my wife eligibility which passes on to myself, so everything got worked out in the end. Looking forward to setting it up and pulling those reports at a whim. :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
delayedinsanity

[ Edited ]

I just re-read my post and saw where I said "your system". That wasn't intended towards you Jimbo, I just lapsed over into thinking out loud.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

It's a good service in relation to the other CMSs out there. You'll find it very useful.

Established Contributor
jimbo831

delayedinsanity wrote:

I just re-read my post and saw where I said "your system". That wasn't intended towards you Jimbo, I just lapsed over into thinking out loud" 

No problem.  I just thought you might have assumed I was a USAA rep or something.  I am sure it seems like it sometimes as much as I pimp out their CMS!

Either way, great news on being eligible for full membership.  Now you are eligible for their great insurance rates and awesome credit cards!

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
delayedinsanity

[ Edited ]

That's what I get for having almost a dozen myFICO forum tabs open at the same time. I responded to a student loan thread here, and the cms response was almost posted in that thread there... I'm pretty stoked about their CMS, and I do like the fact that it opens more doors with other products as well. One thing at a time! I have yet to see my Experian report this year.

Established Contributor
jimbo831

delayedinsanity wrote:

I might not qualify due to my loan being private through AES and underwritten by PNC. I'm going to call and ask around though, because while we are managing to afford the payments it's hurting us in other areas and while I refuse to have late payments on my report I am less than enthused about paying back a student loan that didn't even benefit me. Thanks for the lead though, I have heard of IBR in the past and will continue to look for routes that let me make this more manageable!

Was this post meant for a different thread, or does USAA do something student loan related too?  If so, that is pretty cool and I didn't realize this.

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12

Regular Contributor
delayedinsanity

You are far too fast. That post was meant for another thread... I had two reply windows open in addition to the threads I was reading and I just typed away. Causing mayhem, as usual.

Contributor
retroAction

[ Edited ]

I am looking for a good CMS for my Wife and I. I thought I saw somewhere that there is a good one that will allow us both to pull without having two separate CMS accounts.

Is there is a good family option out there that would provide features like USAA?

Current Score: EQ Fico 651 (5/22/2012)
Goal Score: 720

My Credit Rebuild Project Log
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

The couple-option seems to be trending among CMSs. Just the other day I was alerted by Equifax that they were offering that.

You mentioned "like USAA". I take it you are looking for a family-style daily puller? I haven't kept tabs of who is offering family-like memberships, but daily pullers are limited to USAA, EIDT, AlertPlus, and Amex's Credit Secure. I don't think the latter two offer family memberships. Not sure on the other two.

Established Contributor
jimbo831

llecs wrote:

The couple-option seems to be trending among CMSs. Just the other day I was alerted by Equifax that they were offering that.

You mentioned "like USAA". I take it you are looking for a family-style daily puller? I haven't kept tabs of who is offering family-like memberships, but daily pullers are limited to USAA, EIDT, AlertPlus, and Amex's Credit Secure. I don't think the latter two offer family memberships. Not sure on the other two.

Man, I sure wish USAA would offer one of these for my wife and I!  Although realisitically, $24.50 is still a pretty good price for two people and daily pulls of all three I guess.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}