Contributor
nc

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

It is worth paying $22 / $24 per month to get unlimited credit reports from Amex Credit Secure / USAA?

May be yes for many...

Are we aware of any other company providing unlimited credit reports?

Current Score: EQ: 786 (08/23/2012), EX: 802 (08/23/2012), TU: 774 (08/23/2012),

Goal Score: 800+ FICO across the board
Valued Member
algorithmslave

nc wrote:

It is worth paying $22 / $24 per month to get unlimited credit reports from Amex Credit Secure / USAA?

May be yes for many...

Are we aware of any other company providing unlimited credit reports?

The common denominator seems to be this, if the "FICO" score is involved, there is no unlimited score. You can pull unlimited score and report from Equifax but the score is the Advantage. FICO does not play fairly to consumers.....

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
New Contributor
mustangy

Thanks for CMS guide its really helpful

I m trying to make decision btwn :

Equifax Score Power report w/ EQ FICO score

Amex CreditSecure 

USAA CreditCheck Monitoring

I m newbie but i guess Equifax score power seems better because its FICO not FAKO PLUS

other then i corparate a personal small businies in NY and i have to follow up that also any one now they have both plans will be cheapper

or can use EIN instead of SSN and check newbee corparation credit history

Thanks already for replies

BOFA Master 5k# BOFA Visa 15k flex#Amex BCE 13.5k#chase freedom 5k#capital one $2000 2009#HSBC 1k closed 2009 (those guys kidding with limits)

FICO (lenders pull)scores 739 - 742 - 730 October 2012#length of history from Jan/2008
Business account###Capital one spark 2k
Regular Contributor
audia4

This is a wonderful compilation for everyone. Wow, this must have taken a long time and thank you very much. I am book marking this page for a later time so that I can read all of them and compare for the best service.

Just one question, I noticed that it was originally started awhile back and then it had a newer date saying that it had been edited at a more recent date. Was the ORIGINAL #1 post edited and that is where you can find the updated info? Or was there another post somewhere in the 20+ pages that has the update? It would take forever to try to go through all of the pages to find the undate so I was just wondering if that's what I needed to do or is it the first post that's update?

Thanks again.

TU: 804 EQ: 810 EX 785

***$7500*** **$10,000*** **$9000**** ***$10250*** **$10,000*** ***$4500*** ***$6000*** ***$8000*** ***open*******open***

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

audia4 wrote:

This is a wonderful compilation for everyone. Wow, this must have taken a long time and thank you very much. I am book marking this page for a later time so that I can read all of them and compare for the best service.

Just one question, I noticed that it was originally started awhile back and then it had a newer date saying that it had been edited at a more recent date. Was the ORIGINAL #1 post edited and that is where you can find the updated info? Or was there another post somewhere in the 20+ pages that has the update? It would take forever to try to go through all of the pages to find the undate so I was just wondering if that's what I needed to do or is it the first post that's update?

Thanks again.

I forgot when I started it, but the start date is the org. posting date for this thread (located before the edit date). I tried to update it once every 6 months or so and began adding update dates last year because there were so many changes. As you can see based on those update date, it's been a while since I cycled through it. Every update is on that first page and would update it based on what I saw from the given websites or based on conversations with their respective CSRs. From time to time fellow forum users would post an update and I made every attempt to update it based on their comments and my own research. But as you can see, it needs an update now. Maybe this weekend if things calm down. Most of the subsequent comments are questions or comments on a given service.

New Contributor
mustangy

mustangy wrote:

Thanks for CMS guide its really helpful

I m trying to make decision btwn :

Equifax Score Power report w/ EQ FICO score

Amex CreditSecure 

USAA CreditCheck Monitoring

I m newbie but i guess Equifax score power seems better because its FICO not FAKO PLUS

other then i corparate a personal small businies in NY and i have to follow up that also any one now they have both plans will be cheapper

or can use EIN instead of SSN and check newbee corparation credit history

Thanks already for replies

Equifax elimnitaned one credit score per year  from 3 bureau and $29.95 :smileysad: thats to much LOL

BOFA Master 5k# BOFA Visa 15k flex#Amex BCE 13.5k#chase freedom 5k#capital one $2000 2009#HSBC 1k closed 2009 (those guys kidding with limits)

FICO (lenders pull)scores 739 - 742 - 730 October 2012#length of history from Jan/2008
Business account###Capital one spark 2k
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

Updated the FICO offerings to include the free FICO from Merrick Bank as a CC-holder (thanks dogerslv). Also had updated several of the CMSs within the past week and almost done with that.

Frequent Contributor
jake619

This thread is long so I may have missed this one, but is there any feedback on the credit monitoring available from Lastpass?  For those that are unfamiliar with Lastpass, it's a browser extension to assist with generating complex passwords for online security and it becomes a "vault" storing these.  I use it and just today saw they offer credit monitoring now.  I didn't see much beyond the basic (free) pulling TU and the premium ($10) pulling all three monthy w/ score.  Which score?  I have no idea.

Here are the details:  http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/lastpass-credit-monitoring/

Any feedback or experiences would be appreciated.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

New Contributor
Movin_on_up

I'm interested in the LastPass credit monitoring service as well if there is anyone with additional info.

I use (and pay) for their other services. 

Starting score:
EQ FICO 702 (1/1/2012)

Current scores:
TU FICO 785 (12/28/2013)
EQ FICO 791 (12/28/2013)
EX FICO 791 (12/28/2013)
TU-08 FICO 776 (12/10/2013)

Wallet: Chase Freedom $12,600 - Discover More $12,600 - Walmart $1,000 - Capital One MC $500
Valued Member
algorithmslave

Movin_on_up wrote:

I'm interested in the LastPass credit monitoring service as well if there is anyone with additional info.

I use (and pay) for their other services. 

I have never heard of this CRM service before. What I do know is, FICO is the only place to obtain your EQ and TU score that most lenders use. You can obtain your FICO EQ score directly from EQ, but not the TU FICO Score. All other scores have been dubbed FAKO here in the blogasphere. This is too say, not true scores. As far as the service you mentioned, personally, I am not a big fan of having all my passwords in one place. I believe this defeats the purpose of security. Sort of like having all security guards were the cameras are, which is the spot your protecting. Might as well hold a flood light over the area with a sign stating, "what you want to steal is right here". Nonetheless, what I do is pay for EQ service strictly for the unlimited credit report pulling and the service here at FICO for credit score monitoring. When I am complete with a quarter, I switch to EX or TU to monitor thier reports ONLY. 

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+