Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

[ Edited ]

Movin_on_up wrote:

I'm interested in the LastPass credit monitoring service as well if there is anyone with additional info.

I use (and pay) for their other services. 

Here's the skinny. The T&C refers back to a service called "ID Watchdog" and available through a website of the same name. Lastpass is reselling this product. I called them [and] ID Watchdog (premium) offers a one-time only pull of your 3-in-1 report showing balances, TLs, inquiries, etc. You do not get updated reports at all with this service and the focus is on the credit monitoring aspect. However, they said if you called them quarterly they will provide a complimentary 3-in-1 report refresh. The monitoring on the Premium product monitors all 3 reports daily and updates you as you see changes. It also monitors non-credit sources for changes due to ID theft. The scores are one-time only and are either a VantageScore or a TransRisk FAKO score. The product source comes from TransUnion itself which explains why their basic level only includes TU. Once I figure out the score, I'll add it.

ETA...like with many resells, the product discription can vary slightly, including the price. The T&C matched though with ID Watchdog and LastPass.

New Contributor
Movin_on_up

Thanks llecs.  I appreciate you digging in there.

Starting score:
EQ FICO 702 (1/1/2012)

Current scores:
TU FICO 785 (12/28/2013)
EQ FICO 791 (12/28/2013)
EX FICO 791 (12/28/2013)
TU-08 FICO 776 (12/10/2013)

Wallet: Chase Freedom $12,600 - Discover More $12,600 - Walmart $1,000 - Capital One MC $500
Frequent Contributor
jake619

Movin_on_up wrote:

Thanks llecs.  I appreciate you digging in there.

Agreed.  And +1 because it came without the unsolicited opinion on centralized password storage!

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Established Member
mf91745

For those wanting instant gratification .... I thought I'd mention this since nobody else has mentioned it... I just signed up for MPM throug Key Bank's website (30 day trial for $1, $12.95/mo thereafter)  and the response said, very disappointingly, they'll process the enrollment within TWO WEEKS. I was expecting to be able to log in right away. I'll call them in the morning and get an update on the ETA.

Contributor
kwinks

:smileysad:

didnt realize you get 2 eq reports per year with score watch subscription, I thought it was per month, so I used my second one the day after I signed up 

-_____- just my luck

Chase Freedom 3000
Chase Sapphire Preferred 5000
American Express Blue Cash Preferred 6300
Bank of America Travel Rewards 5000
Bank of America Cash Rewards 3000
Discover IT 4000
Best Buy 4000
TU 733 EQ 743 EX 722
Established Member
mf91745

Turns out the Key Bank MPM $1/mo trial offer has expired long ago and is defunct, even though the website acts as if it's working. I confirmed this with MPM, Key Bank, and Coverdell.com (who owns the expired $1/mo webpage).

fig419

[ Edited ]

FYI:  EliminateID Theft also offers same protection for the spouse for only $5/mo more!  Also looks like USAA no longer offers daily, just monthly pulling.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
starry1

This is a great sticky-worthy thread.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 8/30/14 TU 611; EQ 650; EX 640
Goal Score:  625 for now– New goal 675

Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / FP $300 (closed) / Fingerhut $1300 / nRewards $2.5k / cashRewards $1.5k / NavChek $2.5k / Amazon $1.7k / Walmart $1k / Von Maur $200 /Firestone $1.2k (last app 10/08/13)
New Visitor
BNMHymes

Excellent research!  Do you have a personal favorite site to check all three scores on a daily basis?  I paid off all of my debt and need to know as soon as my score goes up.  I also need the scores from all three credit bureaus to determine which is the middle score. Thanks!

KillerCut

for the USAA members, you can sign up for the premium service, they let me do the initial pull, and then the next day I did another pull (all 3 reports and scores) and then I called to cancel they offered half price, plus $9.95 for unlimited daily pulls. so it comes out to ~$16.50+tax, why are they charging tax though? Ohh well. Someone should update the first page to let people know how to do this.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+