Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

KillerCut wrote:

for the USAA members, you can sign up for the premium service, they let me do the initial pull, and then the next day I did another pull (all 3 reports and scores) and then I called to cancel they offered half price, plus $9.95 for unlimited daily pulls. so it comes out to ~$16.50+tax, why are they charging tax though? Ohh well. Someone should update the first page to let people know how to do this.

I omitted the tips and tricks of getting a lower price on various CMSs but you can certainly find the info within the forums. It was omitted because CSR-management types change the rules all the time. I remember within the past few months some in here were threatening to quit and the CSR cancelled their account outright vs. offering the discount. It's not a perfect system and didn't want to post these as fact. But most of the CMSs on the first page do have lesser-known discount links floating out there or discount codes so definitely research for a cheaper price before buying.

New Visitor
minipoly

Anyone has experience with Mint Credit Monitoring Service? They offers daily pull for report of all 3 CRA for $16.99

Valued Member
blitz

I just started using them. Looks pretty good, the layout could be a bit better though (formatting of the CRs). I know their scores are (most likely) FAKO, but it's a good starting point for monitoring if you're not planning to use it to purchase a house/car/loan anytime soon. I just wanted something to see my reports/some kind of score as I'm rebuilding.

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
minipoly1

Could you please confirm if it's truly daily pull?

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
bryan8392

Just a heads up for the Unitus CCU EQ Fico. I applied for one of their cards on the same day that they updated my credit score, and the score for the app was about 20 points lower than the one I received for their free score. It said they pulled EQ for my app, so I am not sure why it would be different. I am going to contact them and see whats going on and update as I find out more.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

bryan8392 wrote:

Just a heads up for the Unitus CCU EQ Fico. I applied for one of their cards on the same day that they updated my credit score, and the score for the app was about 20 points lower than the one I received for their free score. It said they pulled EQ for my app, so I am not sure why it would be different. I am going to contact them and see whats going on and update as I find out more.

It could be that either they used a CC-enhanced FICO or a different version than what was offered or maybe score versions are the same and the score offered and the soft pull for the score were pulled on different days.

Valued Member
blitz

minipoly1 wrote:

Could you please confirm if it's truly daily pull?

I don't see an option to update. I've been using it less than a week (4 days) and while I've had an alert on MyFICO, nothing on Mint credit.

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
RobertHendricks

CITI Identity Tracking doesn't provide access to your own CR. After they first guide you, after logon, that there is a brand new CR you could get it's at best quarterly, and just. It is provided by them when they're prepared, also it is definitely not monthlly. Than advertised credit alerts are entire and more infreqent.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

RobertHendricks wrote:

CITI Identity Tracking doesn't provide access to your own CR. After they first guide you, after logon, that there is a brand new CR you could get it's at best quarterly, and just. It is provided by them when they're prepared, also it is definitely not monthlly. Than advertised credit alerts are entire and more infreqent.

Do you mean Citi's IdentityMonitor? They advertise that you can get a new report monthly, or at least promote it within the FAQs:

How often can I view an updated credit report and scores?

Every 30 days.  A link titled "Get a updated credit report and scores now" will appear on the Member Overview page when the report is available.

I'll give them a call and see if they changed it or not. Sometimes CMSs advertise one thing and do another.

ETA...I called them and they confirmed that you can get all 3 reports and all 3 FAKOs (CreditXpert) with your $12.95/mo (rate as of this post). They said when you first subscribe you get EX only. He was trying to describe to me that you have to "upgrade" the service by clicking some sort of upgrade link and after you relogin a second time, you'll then see a link to update all 3 reports and scores monthly. He said the upgrade was free but was trying to tell me you have to click in order to activate that upgrade (lest you'll only see EX).

And to add he was honest about scores. Kudos to him. Confirmed that the FAKO CreditXpert wasn't used by lenders and was for "educational purposes only" which is very rare among credit-related CMSs. Usually they try to tell you they offer FICOs or that their FAKO is preferred over FICO by lenders.

Regular Contributor
WillF360

I've been using 53identityalert.com for my monthly pulls.  It's a Fako from CreditXpert, but has a pretty nice "What if" feature built in to calculate what would happen in certain scenarios.  I think it's $14.95 monthly if I recall correctly.  I'm seriously thinking about trying USAA premium, and calling to get the daily pull though for as much as I'm paying. I also have Scorewatch and Quarterly monitoring from here for my Fico scores.

Those who use it, is USAA worth it?  Easy to use?  Pretty close to your true Fico?

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+