Lel

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

There's a reference to annualcreditreport.com, with similar advice, hidden under the second "spoiler" tag.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

RobertEG wrote:

CITI Identity Monitoring does not provide monthly access to your CR.  It is at best quarterly, and only after they first advise you, after logon,  that you have a new CR that you can access.  They provide it when they are ready, and it is definately not monthlly.    Credit alerts are more infreqent and complete than advertised.

My feedback is given based on three years of peronal subsiption to this service.

I thought that too. I used to have their service years ago and it was quarterly (back when they used to mail the report), but I found this in the FAQs which points otherwise:

How often can I view an updated credit report and scores?

Every 30 days.  A link titled "Get your updated credit report and scores now" will appear on the Member Overview page when the report is available.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I just got done updating the list. Credit Watch by EQ, CreditKeeper, and ITAC Sentinel were 3 CMSs that were added. I also began to include links to these CMSs from any participating bank or lender and those included HSBC, Suntrust, Regions, M&T Bank, PNC, NFCU, TD Bank and others.

As a side note, I'm limited to the number of characters within the first post of the thread. I kept getting errors that what I was editing was too long. To shorten it, and without sacrificing the links, I removed my recommendation section. Per a previous comment, I also included a link to ACR.

BTW, my recommendation is as follows:

Pull all 3 via annualcreditreport.com. If you want to follow your reports closely and frequently, I recommend subscribing to a CMS that offers daily pulls on all 3 reports and ignore the scores. Your options are very limited per a daily puller. For FICO scores, also subscribe to SW and be sure to pull both EQ and TU FICO reports frequently. As you see changes to your EQ or TU reports, then be sure to come back to myFICO to get those reports.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Truly Outstanding service to the site, llecs!

I particaularly like the intial reference to first going to annualcreditreport.com to get a full CR before paying for a commercial vendor!

Whatever words you have to sacrifice in the remainder of the post to emphasixe this point, it is well worth it!

Regular Contributor
d170

[ Edited ]

So what is the point difference between FAKO and FICO?

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

d170 wrote:

So what is the point difference between FAKO and FICO?

They use different algorithms - so there is no correlation between FAKO and FICO scores.  In other words, a FAKO cannot be used to predict your FICO.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

How secure is the Credit Karma site?  I have read many members mention it. I am just concerned about entering my SSN on some arbitrary site. 

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

PurpleHaze wrote:

How secure is the Credit Karma site?  I have read many members mention it. I am just concerned about entering my SSN on some arbitrary site. 

I've been on there for just over a year and haven't received an increase in spam, or marketing, etc. I was hesitant too, but I figured they needed it if I wanted to use the service.

Established Contributor

I'm getting ScoreWatch for $7.95 month I don't know if there still doing it but every time I get a dirct report fom EQ there wads offer 7.95 , I have not got a report recenly but I bet the still offer it discount enoughit might be higer nowthe normal is 12.95
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
New Contributor
wowchad

One thing I've been doing for a few years now is to pull my free credit report from annualcreditreport.com every 4 months...you're allowed one free per year FROM EACH CRA (Credit Reporting Agency) company so I pull one every four months and that helps keep up on Identity theft.

I.E. I pull my EX report in Feb, my TU report in June and my EQ in October.

It's not totally fool proof b/c some info gets reported to one agency and not another but it's pretty damn close!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+