Established Member
LEXiiON

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Hello IIlecs,

i recently signed up for Amex's CreditSecure. For the $11.99 you can pull twice a month, but for extra of $10 per month they offered me to pull daily. That would make $21.99 for daily pulls. At least an alternative, if you need all three CR daily.

LEXiiON

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

LEXiiON wrote:

Hello IIlecs,

i recently signed up for Amex's CreditSecure. For the $11.99 you can pull twice a month, but for extra of $10 per month they offered me to pull daily. That would make $21.99 for daily pulls. At least an alternative, if you need all three CR daily.

LEXiiON

Thanks LEXiiON! I updated it with a mention of the $10/mo upgrade. Maybe it was you, but it seems like someone mentioned that too, though I can't remember where I saw that. Anyway, it's updated.

Established Member
backspace

Will any of these allow me to view my FICO score monthly, without paying an extra fee?

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

backspace wrote:

Will any of these allow me to view my FICO score monthly, without paying an extra fee?

Read the guide.   :smileyhappy:

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

backspace wrote:

The only services in that list that provide FICO scores are the ones from myFICO and the ones from Equifax.com. All other services provide FAKOs, and not FICOs.

There's no service out there, anywhere, that allows you to get your FICO score on a monthly basis. You can subscribe to ScoreWatch and get your EQ FICO only on a regular basis as your scores change. That can happen monthly or weekly or quarterly; it depends if changes are occuring on your report to warrant a change. For TU, there's TU Quarterly monitoring via myFICO and that allows you to get a regualar TU FICO, but that's every 3 months.

Valued Member
UtahTiger

For 7.95 a mth I get a report everyday from Experian.  The report is good but of course it is a Fico.  I wish the FICO scores were unlimited for 7.95 a mth. Instead they bend you over and charge you $15 a pop.

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
memevertical

I just signed up for FreeScore.com. I see 3 credit scores, are those FICO scores?

I signed up because in about 6 months I want to apply for a Home Loan, and want to have everything ready so that I get approved, would this service be the best for me?

Moderator Emeritus
fused

memevertical wrote:

I just signed up for FreeScore.com. I see 3 credit scores, are those FICO scores?

I signed up because in about 6 months I want to apply for a Home Loan, and want to have everything ready so that I get approved, would this service be the best for me?

Welcome to the forums, memevertical!

No, they're not FICO scores, they're FAKO scores. You can buy your FICO scores (EQ, TU) here. We cannot purchase our FICO EX scores. The only way you'll have access to your FICO EX score is thru a mortgage lender or if you're a member of a credit union in PA, PSECU. You can also buy your FICO TU score here:

https://www.transunioncs.com/TCSWeb/entry/home.do;jsessionid=F3WQMfpR1h2lYnRhcMTPK5hzv62L4dL1LDqCt6D...!-1052853060

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

New Visitor
Smidget

Been reading the forum for a while now and first time posting:

I'm interested in ScoreWatch by MyFICO.com but I was wondering if the monthly fee is for each person? I'd assume it is, but it'd be nice to check both my wife's and my score. I currently use CreditKarma and Quizzle but I know those are FAKOs and I would like to see my real credit score in hopes of building it up as much as possible for a future car loan. My wife is new on the credit scene as well, so any details I can get for her credit line would be great.

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

Smidget wrote:

Been reading the forum for a while now and first time posting:

I'm interested in ScoreWatch by MyFICO.com but I was wondering if the monthly fee is for each person? I'd assume it is, but it'd be nice to check both my wife's and my score. I currently use CreditKarma and Quizzle but I know those are FAKOs and I would like to see my real credit score in hopes of building it up as much as possible for a future car loan. My wife is new on the credit scene as well, so any details I can get for her credit line would be great.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, the service is per person, vs. per couple, though that would be neat if they did a volume (2) discount. It's a great service and have used it for my wife and myself nonstop since finding this forum 3 years ago. There are a couple of things to note about it if you subscribe:

1) It monitors EQ only.

2) It offers two types of e-mailed alerts: credit alerts (e.g. new inquiries, new accounts, increased balances, etc.) and score alerts. The credit alerts come pretty quickly, within a day or two of the event, but score alerts only happen if nothing else triggered a credit alert and it only monitors your score once every 7-10 days. For credit alerts, the SW Guide defines what will and what will not trigger an alert. For example, if a collection falls off, you won't get an alert. But you'll get a score alert if that baddie's drop resulted in a score change.

3) You'll only get score alerts if you set your "Target Score" within your account's settings to MATCH EXACTLY your latest score. For example, if you set your ambitions high to achieve an 840 EQ FICO score and change your "Target Score" as such, you'll never receive any score alerts unless you hit 840. Many of us, myself included, never received any alerts because we didn't set our target score to the right score (we set it too high or too low). If you set it to match your EQ FICO, then anytime your score goes up or down, you'll get alerted. And as you get alerted, or if you pull a new report, be sure to immediately go back into your settings to change the target score to match that score. It's a manual process, and a bit tedious, but worth the effort.

4) If your goal is to track frequent report changes, then SW is a great product as you get $5 off all future EQ report purchases.

5) Finally, as always, google "myFICO discount code" first before subscribing.

Don't let the above scare you off. There are some tricks to making it work better and the above is my takeaway of SW.

Oh...ETA...and #6 - Sometimes you get a credit alert with a score change. Don't assume that the alert had anything to do with the score change, though it certainly could. As an example, I got a SW alert via e-mail that my score went up 20 points because I added a new inquiry. No, the inquiry didn't increase my score but a baddie fell off that SW didn't pick up on that resulted in the score increase.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}