Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Oooops....twitter not tweeter.

cardsfan_1978

Yup, I got it. Thank you

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

I am a bit late to say Awesome post IIecs!! Thank you for taking the time to research and do this write up, its just amazing!

I have been using FreeCreditReport.com for over two years now to monitor my EX report, actually I signed up two years ago and saw my report and was disgusted and only logged in maybe 4 times in the first year and a half, but since I started to take control of my credit and started the reparing of it last March of 2010, I log in daily and refresh my report to keep a close watch.

I know the score is not real but the 729 is sure nice to look at LOL.

I actually wanted to see how far off my FCR.com 3 bureau scores were off from the Fico scores (this was maybe two months ago) I ordered a 3 bureau credit report and scores from FCR and came to MyFico and purchased my TU and EQ scores the very same day, and to my surprise the scores at FCR showed a 702 for both TU and EQ and my real Fico scores were 694 TU and 681 EQ I was very surprised how close they were to my real Fico scores, I mean only 8 point diff off my real TU Fico and 21 point diff off my real EQ Fico, kinda gives me hope that my EX Plus score of 729 is not really that far off either.

Anyway I just thought I'd share that.

Thanks again for this awesome post IIecs.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Mustanglvr2006 wrote:

Thanks again for this awesome post IIecs.

Thanks! Had fun putting it together. Realized there was a lot of bait and switch in this business.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

UPDATE.....

Went through the first post and made a number of edits due to changes in the services' terms, their links, added affiliates, as well as price changes (quite a few price increases). Also added some new CMSs. Based on a couple of recommendations, I also made the headers more pronounced and posted next to the CMS name whether or not the score was a FICO or FAKO and included the flavor of each. Also added, at the bottom, a short list of other places to get your FICO scores, including for free in some cases.

If any of you want a CMS not listed, added, let us know. And as always, if you see any mistakes, then post that too. Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this llecs!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Priceless - thanks llecs!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

An excellent edit, Ilecs. Bravo!!!!!!!

idonthaveone

Thanks for the great info.

Do you still get 3 Credit Reports with freescore.com? I only see credit scores on their website and there is no mention of credit reports.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

idonthaveone wrote:

Thanks for the great info.

Do you still get 3 Credit Reports with freescore.com? I only see credit scores on their website and there is no mention of credit reports.

*runs off to check*

ETA....looks like there was some sort of change to the service at some point. I was specific in the comments, but I also noticed they bumped the price from $19.95 to $29.95 per month. I hope for that price they'd include more than just scores. I'll study this further a bit later today and will update. Thanks for pointing it out! Also noticed a mistake on the following TU CMS; gonna move that since TU no longer owns it.

UPDATE: I just called them confirmed that you get the 3 reports and their three FAKOs (TransRisk unless they made a change) and they update monthly. I thought this was a TransUnion product, via TransUnion Interactive (just like TrueCredit is), but it was confirmed that this wasn't the case so I moved it towards the bottom of the list. Though I wonder where they got their money from for Ben Stein and for the advertising. I pointed out that their website now lacks the mention of 3 included reports, whereas it said that before, and there was no comment to that by the rep.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+