idonthaveone

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Wow thanks for the quick update llecs. Much appreciated.

Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

I enrolled with Privacy Assist a month ago. I am happy with the serivce os far. I choose them because of the additional identity theft protection they do that is included the monthy fee.  They also will check varying places on the internet  where stolen credit card info can and is posted you specify which accounts like VISA Master Card  Discover. There is a limit of 4. After the initial credit you have wait four months then its  every three months thereafter.

The credit Xpert score is from the same company that produces a FICO score simulaotor tools. The Credit Xpert FICO simulator is widely used through out the industry it is simply the best. So I would surmise that the Credit Xpert score will have FIICO score characteristics in it. I pulled a MY FICO TU credit report and compared it to Credit XPert score and it was within 5 points. I will track this over time.  Also note that the reports were pulled a month a part.

I hope this helps

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012. Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
t5

credit check total no longer offers daily pulls as of today. i got a message that they max the pulls allowed at 3 per 30 days for the 29.95 price. 

i'm searching the net for an alternative now. I subscribed to cct a couple of days ago (paid up front, no trial) so i will call and complain and ask for a refund due to false advertisement and 3/30 days is not what i signed up with them for. (unless i can't find a better alternative, so far this might be the only choice other than the other montly 3 in 1 pulls out there)

Starting Score: 344
Current Score: 681tu, 626eq
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

[ Edited ]

Hi t5,  Welcome!  here's an additional thread on that topic, might be helpful:

CCT 3 Refreshes Per Month 

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
t5

thanks, i'll check it out.

i just signed up for privacy matters 1-2-3

not sure if it takes daily or monthly pulls or what the deal is but with the 7 day trial, i should find out. i'm holding off on canceling ctt for now untill i find out about 123...

Starting Score: 344
Current Score: 681tu, 626eq
Goal Score: 720+

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Hi t5. Thanks for pointing that out. I saw one post claim that a CSR had said the message was sent in error to those who don't pay for the "unlimited" package. Today was d-day so I'll try pulling again tomorrow to see if there's any indication that you can't pull daily. Stay tuned....and yes, I also use MPM (thanks Beam) and I always preferred the old TC (daily 3-in-1) over CCT anyway. You can't go wrong with it.

Frequent Contributor
stanggt03

I just changed to CCT under USAA ($12.95/mo unlimited daily pulls). I just called to cancel TrueCredit.com. It was a good service, and the best one I had found so far for the price ($14.95/mo daily TU pulls and monthly EX & EQ pulls). Wow, what a PITA. The foreign lady would not let me off the phone. 10 minutes she tried to continue selling me on it. She offered me a month free, $9.95/mo, etc... She wouldn't stop. After 10 minutes I had to tell her "look, I've checked you both out, I like them better. Please cancel me now.".

Starting Score: 596 EQ 5-22-11 / 554 TU 5-23-11
Current Score: 615 EQ 08-15-11 / 631 TU 09-27-11
Goal Score: 700+

Valued Contributor
GregB

I had cancelled my Truecredit.com late last year and renewed it today. I was shocked to find there are no monthly 3-credit reports. I even chatted with the rep thru their website chat. She confirmed it it is now $14.95 for daily TU change reports and a monthly full report. $29.95 for adding what you used to get monthly in the old system.

I looked and looked - no way to cancel without calling. What a joke. I had previously thought they had a decent product but will now advise against signing up.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

GregB wrote:

I had cancelled my Truecredit.com late last year and renewed it today. I was shocked to find there are no monthly 3-credit reports. I even chatted with the rep thru their website chat. She confirmed it it is now $14.95 for daily TU change reports and a monthly full report. $29.95 for adding what you used to get monthly in the old system.

I looked and looked - no way to cancel without calling. What a joke. I had previously thought they had a decent product but will now advise against signing up.

Clarification: So they no longer offer monthly 3-in-1 reports as part of the monthly cost? If so, I'll update.

They've gone off the deep end if so! I remember the day when you could pull all 3 reports every single day via TC for $14.95 (seems like it was $12.95 originally) and they used to provide daily TransRisk (not Vantage like now) score updates daily. And on top of that you could get unlimited full TU reports (complete with softs and all) as a side benefit. I also remember when they banned a herd of folks for pulling daily too. LOL!

Frequent Contributor
stanggt03

I joined TC in march. I got 3in1 for $14.95. It only updated monthly as far as I know. DW joined last month and it only gives her TU. She can refresh daily, but only TU, even though it says 3 bureau monitoring. My guess is they monitor for alerts and such, but no report. $29.95 to get all three. She will be switching to USAA also.

Starting Score: 596 EQ 5-22-11 / 554 TU 5-23-11
Current Score: 615 EQ 08-15-11 / 631 TU 09-27-11
Goal Score: 700+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+