Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

OK, I found on the web that as of May 3 of this year, TC made that change you were talking about GregB. Nuts!

Valued Contributor
GregB

[ Edited ]

llecs wrote:

OK, I found on the web that as of May 3 of this year, TC made that change you were talking about GregB. Nuts!

A lot of services seem to be charging more for the same product or offering less for the same price. I guess we are supposed to be happy that we don't have to pay more for less.

I had to call this morning to cancel. It was a challenge as reported by others. Pretty clear there is no way to do it online. I even tried removing or changing CC info so they couldn't charge it. The phone # is only one place on the website. The FAQ is only 3 subjects and doesn't say a word about cancelling. There is no search function on their site for other info.
The rep kept trying to go through their script and kept trying to "check out" any complaints. She kept trying to redirect my complaint about no 3-CRA reports and say that they do offer "monitoring" for all three. The previously available 3-CRA reports is available but is $29.95 more each time. This means that after 5/3/2011 it would cost $44.90 per month to get the same thing that was $14.95 per month before the change.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I think the CRAs are raising the fees on each other. This is evidenced by the cut back in services and/or increased rates. We've seen that here on myFICO too. Collusion between the big 3? I've entertained the idea to start my own CMS and offer price points. I imagine the cost would be $30+ for a daily and then offer various subscription levels below that for 10x/mo, 3xmo, monthly, quarterly, and so on, as an example. Skip the scores, but offer snazzy reports. Gears are cranking.

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

OOOOooooh!  Count me in, llecs.  I'll be your first subscriber!

**what is that screeching sound?   Ahhh, priming the old rusty gears....**  :smileytongue:

No, no.  That must be me screeching.  llecs, your gears are well oiled and running smoothly, as always.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Valued Member
mstee

CreditCheckTotal is changing the frequency of how much you can refresh your report . They're going to every 30 days. :smileysad:

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

mstee wrote:

CreditCheckTotal is changing the frequency of how much you can refresh your report . They're going to every 30 days. :smileysad:

They say they are changing, but they've been saying that for over a week now and there has yet to be any change. They have a pop up screen that started to say they'll change the service to 3 pulls every 30 days, but not so far. They keep updating their screen and went from "25 May" to "26 May" all the way to "3 June" today and did this every day. However, they did update their T&C without mentioning the frequency and just got an e-mail this morning saying they monitor my reports daily (yeppers! so do I). Who knows what will or won't happen.

Regular Contributor
danpass

llecs wrote:

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Amex CreditSecure  -  $11.99/mo  -  FAKO (PLUS) score  -  CS was similar to CCT and allowed daily monitoring and at one point allowed daily pulls on all 3 reports. This is no longer the case for new members and per their T&C, you can only get all 2 reports twice per month. The score offered is a PLUS score. However, at least one other poster mentioned that you can pull daily with a $10/mo upgrade option

Based on reading this thread the middle of last week I went ahead and signed up thru the Amex website.

The first charge is $1.99 and then $11.99 each month after.  I've been able to see all three scores so far.  Apparently the site will always display your last pull.

Here is the list from the greeting page on the Amex site, as of 6-6-11:

==============================

CreditSecure monitoring benefits:
  • Instant access to three-bureau credit reports and scores twice every 30 days.
  • Daily credit monitoring and alerts of key changes to your credit.
  • Easy-to-use online tools to help you understand and manage your credit, including credit score simulator, trending tools, and various financial calculators.
  • Lost wallet protection to cancel and replace your cards in the event of loss or theft.
  • Up to $10,000 identity theft insurance provided by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa.
  • Dedicated fraud resolution support to help you recover from identity fraud.
Exclusive price for American Express Cardmembers, only $1.99 for the first 30 days.
After that, a monthly fee of only $11.99 will be automatically billed to your Card account until you cancel. Sales tax added where applicable.
Pay only $1.99 for the first month.

After your first 30 days, you will be billed automatically for $11.99 each month
unless you cancel. Sales tax may be added, where applicable.
Save $10 on the first month.

Pay only a $1.99 for the first month. After that you will be billed automatically for
$11.99 each month unless you cancel. Sales tax added where applicable.
=====================================
BK to fall off 2/12 - DONE!
myFICO (6-14-11): EX ?, EQ 684, TU 713
FICO (5-17-12): EX: 731
CreditSecure FAKOs (6-14-11): EX 745, EQ 661, TU 654
CreditSecure FAKOs (5-17-12): EX 732, EQ 671, TU 697
Goal: 760 across the board
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

danpass wrote:

llecs wrote:

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Amex CreditSecure  -  $11.99/mo  -  FAKO (PLUS) score  -  CS was similar to CCT and allowed daily monitoring and at one point allowed daily pulls on all 3 reports. This is no longer the case for new members and per their T&C, you can only get all 2 reports twice per month. The score offered is a PLUS score. However, at least one other poster mentioned that you can pull daily with a $10/mo upgrade option

Based on reading this thread the middle of last week I went ahead and signed up thru the Amex website.

The first charge is $1.99 and then $11.99 each month after.  I've been able to see all three scores so far. Hi danpass - just be sure to ignore those scores and the FAKO advice that comes with the scores.  Following FAKO advice can, and will, damage your FICO scores.  CMS's are great for looking at your reports, though.    Apparently the site will always display your last pull.

Here is the list from the greeting page on the Amex site, as of 6-6-11:

==============================

CreditSecure monitoring benefits:
  • Instant access to three-bureau credit reports and scores twice every 30 days.
  • Daily credit monitoring and alerts of key changes to your credit.
  • Easy-to-use online tools to help you understand and manage your credit, including credit score simulator, trending tools, and various financial calculators.
  • Lost wallet protection to cancel and replace your cards in the event of loss or theft.
  • Up to $10,000 identity theft insurance provided by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa.
  • Dedicated fraud resolution support to help you recover from identity fraud.
Exclusive price for American Express Cardmembers, only $1.99 for the first 30 days.
After that, a monthly fee of only $11.99 will be automatically billed to your Card account until you cancel. Sales tax added where applicable.
Pay only $1.99 for the first month.

After your first 30 days, you will be billed automatically for $11.99 each month
unless you cancel. Sales tax may be added, where applicable.
Save $10 on the first month.

Pay only a $1.99 for the first month. After that you will be billed automatically for
$11.99 each month unless you cancel. Sales tax added where applicable.
=====================================

It looks like you got a price break for the first month - always nice to hear.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

I was just the Sears card web site.  I played the demo for their credit score/monitoring service offer. Sears uses the Trans Union risk score that is what is stated in the demoi. At least they tell you before you enroll.

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}