Contributor
sqrt

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Question: I used to use citi IM for 4.95 a month - now I start to use USAA because I thought it may provide daily pull of 3 CR with detailed soft pulls

However, they don't have soft pull information on the USAA CRs. Any idea which CMS which provide CRs from all 3 with detail soft pull info?

Thanks

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Established Contributor
jimbo831

sqrt wrote:

Question: I used to use citi IM for 4.95 a month - now I start to use USAA because I thought it may provide daily pull of 3 CR with detailed soft pulls

However, they don't have soft pull information on the USAA CRs. Any idea which CMS which provide CRs from all 3 with detail soft pull info?

Thanks

Soft pulls are only available from reports obtained directly through the credit bureaus.  I don't know that any of the bureaus offer a service that allows regular reports for a monthly fee, and you would need to buy the reports separately from each one.  As far as I know, third party sites do not have access to your soft pulls to show them.

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
sqrt

jimbo831 wrote:

sqrt wrote:

Thanks

Soft pulls are only available from reports obtained directly through the credit bureaus.  I don't know that any of the bureaus offer a service that allows regular reports for a monthly fee, and you would need to buy the reports separately from each one.  As far as I know, third party sites do not have access to your soft pulls to show them.

Thanks for the quick reply!! Do you know which credit bureaus Amex soft pulls......?

Established Contributor
jimbo831

sqrt wrote:

jimbo831 wrote:

sqrt wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply!! Do you know which credit bureaus Amex soft pulls......?

Nope, try asking in the Credit Card forum.  I don't have an Amex, but I imagine people there who do would know.  I know they generally prefer to pull EX with new accounts, but could use any of the three.  In fact with me, they pulled all 3 (I think I was borderline on the first two, until they got to my worst, which they pulled last :smileysad:  )

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Contributor
sqrt

jimbo831 wrote:

sqrt wrote:

jimbo831 wrote:

sqrt wrote:

Thanks

Nope, try asking in the Credit Card forum.  I don't have an Amex, but I imagine people there who do would know.  I know they generally prefer to pull EX with new accounts, but could use any of the three.  In fact with me, they pulled all 3 (I think I was borderline on the first two, until they got to my worst, which they pulled last :smileysad:  )

Yup they pulled my EX when I applied...ok I'll ask in credit forum

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

IME, Amex always pulled EX for me, via softs, and they do so quite regularly.

Per softs and CMSs, it's a super short list. I don't think any CMS offers softs on all 3, together. AFAIK, the only way to get softs via a CMS are though some of EQ's products (2 or 3 of them) whereby you can pull a new EQ report daily, and that's softs for EQ only. The only alternative is to pull directly from the CRAs and that can be costly.

idonthaveone

Some big news. Vertrue the parent company of Freescore.com has filed for Chapter 11.  Not sure if it has already been posted. http://www.leveragedloan.com/vertrue-files-for-ch-11-nets-interim-approval-for-40m-dip-loan/

Frequent Contributor
MamboItaliano

Just signed up for USAA Premium ... 

holy hell. I don't need anything else (for monitoring, that is). 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

New Visitor
laurabell24

I also have used true credit for 2 yrs, when i went to cancel a few mos ago I was warned about all the changes & what an advantage I had, having the old membership, so i stayed on. I am fixing to really drop it & go for one who can give me my FICO. I also use to would have recommended it as well but will not now.

Established Member
MsBenz06

I am going to sign up for USAA Premium :smileywink:

thanks for all this input...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+