Crashem

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

[ Edited ]

Local CUs sometimes offer FICO scores as well

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Contributor
jetsfan2012

Reading through alot of the recent posts in this thread, it seems the views on USAA's service vary. I was gonna go for that, as for the price it seems like a good deal. Any others to consider?

Credit Karma - 636 8-12-12 USAA
Credit Rebuilding Mode - Cap 1 Plat(500CL) SHOW MC(300CL)
Clean Up Mode - Goal - No New Apps till 6/2013
Contributor
jetsfan2012

Signed up for USAA's CreditCheck Monitoring... How accurate are the scores that they use? I do like the fact I can rather easily track all reports side by side, however I dont like that you can only dispute info online via Experian there. I have some inaccuate Trans Union info and need to get that updated.

Established Contributor
2NE1

@jetsfan2012

You do know that you can dispute online inaccuracies on TU and EQ as well, right? just Google TU online dispute. For TU there's also an "investigation" PDF form that you can fill out and mail it to them.

Also in order to dispute items on your TU and EQ reports you're gonna need your report file # which can be found on the reports you pull from http://annualcreditreport.com

Starting Score: 486 EQ, 529 TU, 518 EX 12/6/2011 (FICOS - lender pull)
Current Score: 595 EQ SW 1/10/13 628 TU08 1/10/2013 593 EX (BoA HP) 1/5/12
Goal Score: > 620
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge! | Diamond Spade Garden Club Member: App free since 7/2012
Senior Contributor
drkaje

USAA scores are FAKOs and some aspects of the EQ information seem to be pulled from an older database. My Ex FICO ran a little higher, Eq runs lower. I still feel USAA is the best deal available.

EQ's personal Solutions is great but the site runs slower than molasses in February. Populating the pages just takes too long due to all the extra stuff they're trying to sell. :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
jordanmedical

I was offerred Transunionmonitoring.com free for a year after a breach in security at a medical facility I had files at. The score closely resembles my Walmart score. Any thoughts on this one?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I've never used this service and judging by the website, nobody can join unless a company they worked with or did business with purchased the service following an id theft-related issue, such as in your case.

Since it's TransUnion Interactive, I'm guessing it's like TrueCredit, EIDT, or something very similar. The score would either be a Vantage or TransRisk, but I noticed in the T&C they refer to the CreditXpert FAKO via a trademark mention. Definitely isn't FICO. I tried to sign up but with a 12-digit combo at registration, it would be next to impossible to get in.

Contributor
jetsfan2012

Im comparing scores from USAA, Credit Karma right now, and will pull my real FICO at start of July just to get a comparision once some things update

Frequent Contributor
BigDaddy18

I just signed up with the AmEx credit monitoring service and I really like the lay out.  I realize the scores are FAKO's (FAKO PLUS's) which is why I also have Scorewatch on myFico but I do like the fact that I can see all my report rolled up into one little screen shot it's kind of nice.  I didn't realize I had so many hit's on my Credit from 2010 when I was house hunting dang.  hopefully they all fall off very very soon! 

Can't wait.  I hope those in combination with some recent payoffs push me over the 800 mark on myFico score here, only a few more points.  gerrrrrr 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810

bigballer

Wow, this guide was super useful. I had seen some of these credit report monitoring sites when I was doing my search, but this list is pretty comprehensive!  Thanks so much.  I am leaning towards Identity Guard.  Has anyone used them?  Like?  Dislike?  They claim to have excellent credit fraud protection as well as identity theft protection.  Price seems okay or at least comparable.....any thoughts?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+