Regular Contributor
SpeeDj

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

[ Edited ]
Equifax®
Score Date: 6/13/2013
TransUnion®
Score Date: 6/13/2013

These are my current scores on USSA CCM as of today.

My EQ on FICO SW is 665 and my TU on FICO last pull was 703 these are in my signature.

So I guess you could say your mileage may vary but I find the site to be reliable and easy to read/work with so it's purely personal perogative at that point I think. Hope this helps

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
siraarond

I had a subscription to a CMS called Credit Score Complete (CSC). I cancelled my membership thinking Credit Karma would suffice. Well, CK does not give me the info a paid CMS gives. I want to subscribe to a CMS again and wanted to research what's out there. I came across your forum and didn't know so many existed. CSC was a great site but wanted to see if I could find one that was more price friendly. CSC cost me $29 a month. I was wandering if you had heard of CSC and if you would recommend I go back to them or if you would recommend one that is more price friendly with the same benefits? Thank you for looking out for the little guys.

Regular Contributor
911gt34life

USSA only 1 report per month what happen to daily report ?

Regular Contributor
WillF360

Just for those interested, you can now get daily pulls with USAA online:

I want to add Unlimited 3-bureau credit reports and scoresto my membership for $22.94 each month

I had the Premium membership, went to refresh my score today, noticed that radial button. Subscribed. Daily pulls ftw!

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
TheToddler

What would be the best monitoring service for someone whose identity has already been stolen? I seem to have put out most of the fires but I'm concerned about the future, and not just in the credit department. For the time being, I've subscribed to Equifax ID Patrol Premier. (My Equifax report is where most of the trouble was located.)

Cost is not a concern right now. I'm looking for something that does active monitoring of the three bureaus as well as access to reports (doesn't have to be unlimited access), but also keeps an eye out for non-credit instances of identity theft. IdentityGuard and LifeLock seem to get a lot of attention.

The Equifax ID Patrol Premier monitors all three bureaus, but I only get access to my Equifax report. They  also say their Web Detect feature "scans thousands of internet sites where consumers' personal information is suspected of being bought and sold, and is constantly adding new sites to those it searches."

IdentityGuard, on the other hand, monitors the three bureaus and gives access to all three reports, but only once a month. However, they also advertise that they do public record monitoring, where "We monitor your publicly available information and alert you to certain changes‚ such as names and aliases‚ address history‚ license and registrations‚ criminal and civil court records and bankruptcy filings considered to be related to you." And through their Internet Monitoring, they say "We monitor Internet chat rooms and newsgroups. If your Social Security number‚ credit cards‚ or bank account numbers are found in unsecure online locations‚ we’ll alert you to it quickly so you can take action to correct any issues."

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with these or companies that provide a comprehensive service beyond credit monitoring? Thanks for your time and attention.

Frequent Contributor
2FixMyCredit

Does anyone know if Eliminate ID Theft is still a daily puller? If not do you have one to suggest?

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

2FixMyCredit wrote:

Does anyone know if Eliminate ID Theft is still a daily puller? If not do you have one to suggest?

still is.  I use it.

EX:694 TU:745 EQ:701
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $19.5k
Frequent Contributor
2FixMyCredit

DaveSignal wrote:

2FixMyCredit wrote:

still is.  I use it.

Excellent, it gives you the full report correct? Want to make sure before I hit that buy button LOL

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

you get 3 full reports every 24 hours.  Just make sure you don't request your nexts days reports until the 24 hours is up or you won't be able to get them all for that day.  (usaa offers a similar service and doesn't break if you request too early, but i switched due to a problem i was having with the usaa service)

EX:694 TU:745 EQ:701
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $19.5k
Contributor
minipoly1

DaveSignal wrote:

you get 3 full reports every 24 hours.  Just make sure you don't request your nexts days reports until the 24 hours is up or you won't be able to get them all for that day.  (usaa offers a similar service and doesn't break if you request too early, but i switched due to a problem i was having with the usaa service)

How about scores? Will we also get updated scores every 24 hours?

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+