Super Contributor
mongstradamus

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

titane92 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I was about to sign up for EIDT but decided to go with USAA CreditCheck premium. But it looks like I need to be a USAA member to enroll and I have no family members in the military.

Are all the folks here using the USAA CreditCheck affiliated with the military, or can anyone use the CreditCheck premium service?

I just need all three detailed reports 2-3 times per month. I was going to sign up for Amex CreditSecure but don't have an Amex card. I only have Chase cards and Chase's Identity Protection isn't accepting new enrollments. Any suggestions?

You don't have to be an member or have an family member who is in military for USAA. just register and sign up , you should be fine.

EX Fico 784 9/25/14 Fako 768 CS/Credit.com 8/22/14
EQ SW 818 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 799 Fako 785 Creditkarma 10/10/2014
Established Contributor
fot1

I tried the USAA and could only get monthly pulls.. I went with EIDT for daily pulls at $12 and change a month added with  PSECU and Walmart free fico scores and the pay $3 bucks for M&T fico score.. That is all three score monthly and daily credit reports for $15 a month. Not too shabby.

Tu- 799... What I wouldn't give for one more point..
Equifax-774
Experian-737
mocarey

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide...Alertplus experience

[ Edited ]

I had some issues with using the EliminateIdtheft service, so I decided to try Alertplus.

I'm not sure Alertplus offers daily pulls anymore. I signed up for the service and managed to complete my first 2 daily pulls without issues. When I tried again a few days later, the only option available was for me to order the 3 bureau report for $39.95, i.e.. This seems to be like the regular CrediCheck Total product, which allows 3 pulls per month (assuming when I first signed up that the report there counted as the first pull). If this is the case, then it's a pretty good deal to get the $29.95 service for just $9.99 a month, though I would still prefer the flexibility of 3 bureau reports on demand.

That said, I've only had the service for a few days. I'll report back if anything changes, especially after I'm done with the 30 day trial. The credit monitoring alerts seem to be working fine from the service.

mocarey

Mint Credit Monitoring Service Daily Pulls

[ Edited ]

blitz wrote:

minipoly1 wrote:

Could you please confirm if it's truly daily pull?

I don't see an option to update. I've been using it less than a week (4 days) and while I've had an alert on MyFICO, nothing on Mint credit.

I started the trial and noticed that the scores/reports seem to update daily automatically when I logged in, based on the update date shown, which changed based on when I logged in. This also gave me the option to view the prior data that had been generated on a dropdown.

That said, the interface was a little clunky and it is confusing that they provide an option to 'upgrade' to 3 Bureau Credit Reports ($27.99), 3 Bureau Credit Reports and Scores ($29.99) or 1 Bureau Credit Report ($9.99), i.e. I'm not sure that the daily 'updates' can be relied upon as daily pulls, based on these other product offerings.

My $0.02.

New Contributor
mousefai

hi people

im start looking for a cheap daily puller for my credit report.

recently found credit check total (9.95) and eliminate id theft (12.95).

is there anymore out there for a cheap price?

i noticed some provided protection on ID theft, do you think is worth consider?

Let me know ur experience. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Regular Contributor
aj1901

Im using Eliminate ID theft. It seems to be fine other than the fact I havnt been able to login today due to database updatings.

New Contributor
mousefai

guys, i signed up identity theft for 10.95 for a discount. i got my email asking me to wait for 2 days for the password an member id. however, i was able to login as i click forgot password button and they send me the password on the email. haha. now, i m login (before they send me the update email). however, i notied i need to login again with a member id. is there anyway i can get the member id myself. or i ahve to wait for their email at last? let me know.
HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

mocarey

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide...Alertplus experience..updated!

mocarey wrote:

I had some issues with using the EliminateIdtheft service, so I decided to try Alertplus.

I'm not sure Alertplus offers daily pulls anymore. I signed up for the service and managed to complete my first 2 daily pulls without issues. When I tried again a few days later, the only option available was for me to order the 3 bureau report for $39.95, i.e.. This seems to be like the regular CrediCheck Total product, which allows 3 pulls per month (assuming when I first signed up that the report there counted as the first pull). If this is the case, then it's a pretty good deal to get the $29.95 service for just $9.99 a month, though I would still prefer the flexibility of 3 bureau reports on demand.

That said, I've only had the service for a few days. I'll report back if anything changes, especially after I'm done with the 30 day trial. The credit monitoring alerts seem to be working fine from the service.

As an update from this earlier post, I can confirm that after the 30 day Alertplus trial, I am now able to pull ad hoc 3 bureau reports at least daily using Alertplus. For some reason, during the trial period, this was restricted.

At $9.95 a month, this is great value, with the added bonus of the $25k insurance and fraud resolution services. The one feature that I'm missing from the USAA variation of this service is the Cardsafe product, which allowed quick cancellation of lost/stolen debit and credit cards. all in all, this is a great product and also not as 'clunky' to use as Eliminate ID theft.

Established Member
lunch

University of Wisconsin Credit Union My Score Watch

Does anyone here have any experience with the My Credit Score product from the University of Wisconsin Credit Union?  I am a member of this Credit Union.

It's connected in some way to Credit Karma.  What do you get with it?

Established Member
lunch

DaveSignal wrote:

http://www.myfico.com/Products/ScoreWatch/

There is no other product that I know of that specifically alerts to changes in your FICO score except for the other version of Score Watch as offered by Equifax, but that is essentially the same product with a different user interface.

I thought that myFICO's ScoreWatch only gives you the Equifax FICO.  Is this sufficient?  How can you get daily TransUnion or Experian FICO scores?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}