Established Member
OneMoreCouch

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

I don't understand why everyone is still signing up for USAA, Amex or Chase stuff.

Those give you FAKO scores that dont reflect anything. I dont mind getting those scores for free but Paying them to do so??

Why not just pay MyFico the same amount and get the legit thing??

Im confused, please explain lol

Mouse over for Credit Limit

Contributor
minipoly1

OneMoreCouch wrote:

I don't understand why everyone is still signing up for USAA, Amex or Chase stuff.

Those give you FAKO scores that dont reflect anything. I dont mind getting those scores for free but Paying them to do so??

Are you kidding? You sure you can get daily reports from myfico for all CRBs with similar amount of money? Some consider that more importants than just 3 FICO scores. 

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Regular Contributor
Stiga9

minipoly1 wrote:

OneMoreCouch wrote:

Are you kidding? You sure you can get daily reports from myfico for all CRBs with similar amount of money? Some consider that more importants than just 3 FICO scores. 

Lol. He is such a jokester.

I agree with @minipoly1. I would say most people consider the reports more important. FICO scores don't even matter these days. There are 49 different versions of FICO scores and u never know what lenders pull. Especially since nowadays companies and lenders tend to use their own internal scoring.

Reports on the other hand, there are only 3. The three you read are the 3 all lenders see - know whats good, & what's bad, then fix and/or improve. Forget the FICO scores .

So that brings up, what's the cheapest/best daily puller guys? EIDT? Any other daily puller for all 3 CRs (besides USAAs)?

Valued Member
GMCloud27

I also want to add to this--After days of researching the living daylights out of all the CMS guide options, I ended up going with USAA CCMP for $6.95.mo. for 6 Months by calling and requesting a discount (I have no other USAA products).  The rep even encouraged calling back in 6 months to get the current discount running at that time.

For the price, it's hard to beat the content you're getting (and full Experian report) per month.

AmEx Gold (NPSL) | CSP ($12k) | BCE ($24.5k) | PenFed Platinum Rewards ($50k) | Merrill Lynch PP ($15k) | US Bank Cash Plus ($15k) | Citi Best Buy ($8k) | CapitalOne QuickSilver ($6k)

01/13-12/13 Tradelines: $10,100 -> $69,900 Thank you myFico!
TL: $129,600
Regular Contributor
Stiga9

GMCloud27 wrote:

I also want to add to this--After days of researching the living daylights out of all the CMS guide options, I ended up going with USAA CCMP for $6.95.mo. for 6 Months by calling and requesting a discount (I have no other USAA products).  The rep even encouraged calling back in 6 months to get the current discount running at that time.

For the price, it's hard to beat the content you're getting (and full Experian report) per month.

That's a great price. Did you just call and ask for a discount? For triple CRAs, I would say USAA is the cheapest monthly puller, and EIDT is the cheapest daily puller.

Valued Member
GMCloud27

Stiga,

What happened was it was Saturday evening where USAA offices were closed until Monday so I decided to sign up for $12.95/mo. which was immediately billed.  Then on Monday, I made the call to their customer serivice and ask them if there were any discounts available as AMEX's CreditSecure at $2/mo with 2 pulls per month was more entising and I stressed this.  Immediately she offered the discount starting next month through May and was extremely helpful throughout.  The fact that she encouraged me to call back before the price change to get the latest discounts shocked me.  At this price, I'm quite happy for a monthly puller!

AmEx Gold (NPSL) | CSP ($12k) | BCE ($24.5k) | PenFed Platinum Rewards ($50k) | Merrill Lynch PP ($15k) | US Bank Cash Plus ($15k) | Citi Best Buy ($8k) | CapitalOne QuickSilver ($6k)

Established Member
doctorofcredit

Question about the Merrick Bank card, you said "you get a monthly CC-enhanced TU FICO for free". Does this mean it is TU-08 Bankcard? I thought the industry specific scores weren't available to consumers?

TU08 - 823
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

It is as you said...a TU08 Bankcard enhanced FICO. These scores are available for consumers via the lender, but Merrick Bank's free FICO service is the only one that consumers can pull themselves.

alexdaman

[ Edited ]

hi all i was looking to sign up for usaa but its only for military families right?

i called to ask about a discount and was told if i dont have a direct military connection i am not eligible for the credit monitoring

Valued Member
GMCloud27

Hi Alex,

I ran into the same issue originally when calling them before I made an account.  I do have a family member (grandfather) who's a vet, but nobody is a USAA member nor will I have them all go through the process.  On the phone, they kept saying you have to be a member even though I asked about a "limited" membership.

What you do is go on the website and create an account.  It's a limited account which means you only have access to certain USAA products and one of them is CreditCheck Monitoring.  Once you are a member, you can call up and try and work a deal or do what I did which was pay for the first month, call up a few days later, and work a deal for 6 more months.

Hope this helps out.

Garrett

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}