New Visitor
gobluechicago

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

[ Edited ]

SmartCredit hasn't been mentioned much here, but it is pretty great. There is a discounted sign up for premium ($9.99 per month), you get unlimited TU daily pulls that also count towards that thing you can do with your Trans Union hard pulls which can't be mentioned here :-)

Established Contributor
TravellingNomad

does anyone have any experience with EIDT? i enrolled last night for the "me + spouse" monthly package. based on the email i got from them this morning, they said they are setting up my account and could take a couple of days before i get my logon credentials. that is fine with me, but can anybody tell me, this package that i signed up for...since is me + spouse..does that mean that the spouse will also get 3 in 1 reports? also, i remember somewhere on the terms on their website that it's a daily pull...1 report every 24 hours...is that correct?

any info regarding this service is appreciated. thanks!

Valued Member
felyasocal

I've been using EIDT for a few months now. Its not bad, but far from perfect. The website design kind of sucks, but that should be the least of our worries. I also  have the double package. I check mine and my wive's daily. If you try to renew within 24 hours of your previous pull, it will just tell you that you already have the latest one. Score is nowhere near FICO score, but at least  you can see activity on your reports. Again, its decent, but far from perfect. For example, sometimes EQ shows all blanks for all accounts and only shows up when I pull a new report the next day. Its a very simple website, but I think its worth the money and until something better for daily pulls comes along, I will continue using EIDT

New Visitor
johnchloee

[ Edited ]

It's really too good to share such a nice information about the credit monitoring service. It is clearly understand for everyone and more helpful for beginners also.

michaelhk1

Thank you for a great job with analyzing all the CMS. I'm trying to figure out what FAKO is, missed it somewhere. Thanks!!

michaelhk1

[ Edited ]

I've read all your reviews, thank you for what you have done.

Can you please recommend a CMS that is good to check when repairing your credit with the 3 bureaus. I understand that it is best to get 3 in 1 reports without scores and that updates daily but am not sure which CMS is recommended since there are reviews out there that discriminate against some of the CMS as having charge people's credit cards even after cancelling.

Any recommendation you can give will be appreciated. Thank you in advance and if you can the [MOD CUT/EDIT] recommendations that would be great since I don't know how to find your reply if you do.

Elliot C

mod cut- personal information ie email addresses, are not allowed

Lexie

cynthiatoy3

Great information!

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 636
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
gh17

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but you can't refresh CK daily anymore.  It's once a week.

BofA Cash Rewards 9000 (2009) | Citi Forward 7100 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 17,500 (2013) | Discover It 4750 (2014) | Chase Freedom 6000 (2014) | Barclaycard Sallie Mae 10,000 (2014)

FICO (Barclays): 767
Goal: 800+
Gardening since 4/25/14
Established Member
ACL42st

I am a newbie been looking where to post this so I am trying this location. I am signed up with scoresense for credit reports and fako score. A few months ago I got my fico scores by signing up elsewhere and watched my score improve  I did not get any credit reports!!. Credit has been bad but working on it. I decided to apply for Walmart card just to see if I would be approved I was not. So I requested my credit report from TU. I do not know what happened. This report only shows a little adverse reporting on accounts incollections and 2 judgments. It shows only 3 satisfactory  accounts from the same company way back in 2003-05. That is it. There is no comparison of the so called report listed on Scoresense which is supposely my whole report. The tu report is like missing all of my credit accounts that I have which has increased my Fico score. My question is what happened? What report did I get in the mail? Why is my so called tu report online so detailed and lists everthing on scoresense? Any help will be appreciated. Oh if I need to do something about this please tell me what to do.

New Contributor
Erusidhion

[ Edited ]

I previously recommended Wells Fargo Identity Theft Protect but I am going to recommend USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium instead. For $12.95/month you get Credit Monitoring, Credit Scores/Credit Reports every 30 days. And if you want unlimited daily pulls you can upgrade your account which will only cost $22.94/month. I am unsure if you get daily Credit Score updates, it's a PLUS score but I think so, I will let you know. So far this has been the best looking CMS to me and I've tried Wells Fargo and Identity Guard so far. Identity Guard and Wells do not offer daily puller upgrades at this time.

Edit: took out referral / link tracker --Rev

myFICO: TU: 716 (1 INQ) -- EX: 673 (17 INQ) -- EQ: 664 (13 INQ) -- 09/13/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+