Established Contributor
fot1

Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Erusidhion wrote:

I previously recommended Wells Fargo Identity Theft Protect but I am going to recommend USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium instead. For $12.95/month you get Credit Monitoring, Credit Scores/Credit Reports every 30 days. And if you want unlimited daily pulls you can upgrade your account which will only cost $22.94/month. I am unsure if you get daily Credit Score updates, it's a PLUS score but I think so, I will let you know. So far this has been the best looking CMS to me and I've tried Wells Fargo and Identity Guard so far. Identity Guard and Wells do not offer daily puller upgrades at this time.

Edit: took out referral / link tracker --Rev

Where do you upgrade at for USAA? I can't find it anywhere..

Tu- 799... What I wouldn't give for one more point..
Equifax-774
Experian-737
Established Contributor
fot1

fot1 wrote:

Erusidhion wrote:

I previously recommended Wells Fargo Identity Theft Protect but I am going to recommend USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium instead. For $12.95/month you get Credit Monitoring, Credit Scores/Credit Reports every 30 days. And if you want unlimited daily pulls you can upgrade your account which will only cost $22.94/month. I am unsure if you get daily Credit Score updates, it's a PLUS score but I think so, I will let you know. So far this has been the best looking CMS to me and I've tried Wells Fargo and Identity Guard so far. Identity Guard and Wells do not offer daily puller upgrades at this time.

Edit: took out referral / link tracker --Rev

Where do you upgrade at for USAA? I can't find it anywhere..

Nevermind.. found it.. Dumping EIT and switching over to USAA $10  more but I am beyond friustrated with teh EIT constant issues lately..

Equifax-774
Experian-737
Valued Member
rkinne02

Can you upgrade to the daily pulls online, or do you have to call? Also, can you get USAA service with no military connections?

Established Contributor
fot1

rkinne02 wrote:

Can you upgrade to the daily pulls online, or do you have to call? Also, can you get USAA service with no military connections?

You don't need military service.. ( only for full use of USAA products but ok for this) and once you sign up for the regular credit monitering service you will get a propmt to upgrade in the drop down tabe when you refresh you pulls.. Once you use the second of your two monthly pulls it will ask if you want to upgrade..

Equifax-774
Experian-737
Established Member
gurusexy

what did you mean by that with regards to hard inquiries? pleas PM me asap and put me in the loop! :smileylol:

Amazon GE: 2.5K; ToysRUs : 2.5K; WF Raymour Flanigan : 5.3K; Macys Red: 2.5K; Discover IT : 12K; Barclaycard: 3.5K; MCU Visa: 5.5K; DCU Visa 7.5K; AMEX Blue: 1.8K; FNBO Visa: 5.9K; UPromise; 2.5K; Amazon Visa; 3k; UA Mileage Plus: 5K; Lowes: 17.K SG Visa: 5k; Amex Delta 1K
Starting Scores: 4/12 MyFicoEX: 613 11/13 MyFicoTU:614
Sep '14 Scores: MyFicoEX: 692; MyFicoEQ: 697; MyFicoTU: 717.
Short term goal: 740+ Last app 9/25/14. Gardening until 10/2015
Valued Member
NYSuperdoodle

I've been using USAA's Experian Premium monitoring with the daily pulls and I really like it. As my credit profile has become more.. umm.. robust over the past couple of months their FAKO scores have gone from being 50+ points higher than FICO to being 20 points under FICO, so go figure. The real value is in seeing what is being reported and making sure I'm keeping a clean credit report from all three CRA's and being able to check it daily. Plus the alerts when I get a HP on my credit.

Also, if you want to upgrade to the premium, you can just call the number on the website or the USAA main number and they will connect you to the Experian people who can hook you up. 

April 1 2014 EQ-555 TU-545 EX- 545
April 29 2014 EQ -714 TU-579 EX- 698
May 1 2014 EQ 721, TU 707, EX 698
All tracked with USAA credit monitoring via Expedia
FICO Score June 10 2014 EQ 719
Regular Contributor
Simba501

[ Edited ]

This thread is exactly what I was looking for.  :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
Divaofsongs

I am not sure if this has been covered or not because I did not read through the whole thread yet, but I wanted to let you know that I use EliminateIDTheft.com and I pay $17.95 per month instead of $12.95 a month for the service, BUT that covers me AND my spouse........so...it works out to less than $9 a month for each of us and we can pull all 3 reports every day and get our FAKO scores every day, too. I know they are not accurate like a FICO score but since we have been using the service for 8 months, I have been able to keep a spreadsheet and track how our scores have increased across the board as we have been rebuilding our credit since our Chapter 7 discharged in Aug of 2013. 

I would definitely suggest this service, or one like it where you can pull your reports daily, for anyone with a recently discharged BK. The reason I say that is since our discharge in Aug of 2013, 9 different times, collection agencies have added a negative to our reports that was actually IIB. I was able to get the alert immediately, pull the new report and then dispute it and have it deleted right away. This has helped tremendously with raising our credit scores. If I did not have the service, I would have never known. 

Since we first started using the service, my husband and I have both seen a 100+ point increase on all 3 scores. We also ran FICO scores (all 3 bureaus) on MyFico.com in Aug of 2013 and again just last month to make sure our scores were really increasing. Just like the FAKO scores on EliminateIDTheft.com, our FICO scores have also risen by 100+ points on all 3 bureaus, confirming that our credit really is getting better. I will tell you that our FAKO scores on EliminateIDTheft.com are about 15-20 points lower than our FICO scores, across the board. So, we are actually doing better than we thought. :-)

A few tips: If you are using the service for you and a spouse, make sure you use different browsers or clear your cache before viewing the info for the other person because otherwise, you will see your spouses score appearing where yours should be and vice versa. It has something to do with the cache/cookies, or one of those technical things. LOL. I am not sure what it is but I know if I use a different browser for each person, I don't have that problem.

Also, when you first sign up, it can take a few days for them to get back to you by email. When I first signed up, I thought I had been scammed but it was just because of the way they do things. 

Cards since Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Cap1 MC ($300/$1600/$4600) Cap1 QS ($500/$2500/$4500) Walmart ($500/$3000) Amazon ($700/$1900) Barclay's MC ($1500/CLI SOON!) HSN ($750/ $1150) Lowe's ($900/$1900) Util: 2%, All PIF with one reporting 9%
Starting Score: 525Current Score: 700Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
A-NONYMOUS

Just called USAA and was given 1 year of CreditCheck Monitoring Premium for 50% off!

Unlimited daily pulls for $11.50/month for 1 year :smileyvery-happy:

02-2012 FICO Score: EX 500 EQ 500 TU 500
09-2013 FICO Score: EX 653 EQ 627 TU 651
10-2014 FICO Score: EX 753 EQ 715 TU 757
Goal FICO Score: EX 800 EQ 800 TU 800
Frequent Contributor
bdhu2001

The Guide's 1st post needs to be updated to show the new myFICO 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring and Identity Ultimate.  Also TrustedID, especially since it linked with AARP membership. 

I use Identity Protection by TrustedID.  I got a discount and get it through AARP. Monitors 3-bureau credit reports, bank accounts, credit cards, social security number, public records. $1,000,000 service warranty, EQ score monthly and Bureau reports and scores annually.  I used this to compare various monitoring and protection services. site:http://www.nextadvisor.com/identity_theft_protection_services/compare.php  

Having said all that, I'm currently using the myFICO 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring and TrustedID.  If I hadn't already paid for a year of TrustedID, I would have tried the new Identity Ultimate.

Current Score: EX 839 EQ 794:TU 792 on 7/4/14; EQ from myfFico on 6-26-14
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Goal Score: 800+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}