Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring

tag
GiveJoy
Contributor

Credit Monitoring

Does anyone use USAA's Credit Monitoring and/or Identity Protection? Would you recommend it? Not recommend it?

I noticed it was offered and I wasn't sure if it was something that I should consider using. Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Btw, I already subscribe to myFico SW and QM, but at this time I don't have access to my Experian credit report and it looks like USAA's credit monitoring offers access to Experian.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Monitoring

I use their credit check monitoring premium. I love it in conjunction with myfico sw because it is very accurate in regards to information on all three reports. It also gives 3 fako scores that are on the conservative side, for example: my eq fako is 661 and my fico is 678 -- not that it matters much, but hopefully the ex is conservative as well since that's the only fico that I do not have access to. I monitor the info and get alerts as information changes on credit monitoring, then see the impact of it on my fico with sw. It has been an invaluable tool in my rebuilding success to date.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for Citibanks Monitoring service for $4.95 through this LINK normally it cost $12.95 a month and they offer a free upgrade to 3 bureau reporting and monthly scores. Cheapest I've been able to find up to this point. I was using USAA's till I found this.

Message 3 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

I just signed up for Citibanks Monitoring service for $4.95 through this LINK normally it cost $12.95 a month and they offer a free upgrade to 3 bureau reporting and monthly scores. Cheapest I've been able to find up to this point. I was using USAA's till I found this.

I'm interested in this service. Do you know if they refresh your reports everyday?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they only refresh the scores monthly but any new info posted on any three of your reports would be posted immediately. I just signed up for it today.

Message 5 of 20
GiveJoy
Contributor

Thanks for the information Swapmeet. I am going to sign-up myself and my husband.

Message 6 of 20
eviLution
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Thanks for this info! I just signed up and it looks great! cheap too!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 7 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Cutie-Mama wrote:

Thanks for the information Swapmeet. I am going to sign-up myself and my husband.

No worries.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 8 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

WAIT a second guys.

At the beginning of the sign-up, it mentions $4.95/mo

At the end AFTER you've paid, it tells you $1 for the first month and then $12.95/mo thereafter.

Cancelling...

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.