Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Credit Monitoring

Does anyone use any other monitoring services other than myfico?
I would like something to watch all 3 reports but use myfico for scores and stuff.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Monitoring

One of many big nice threads over in General Credit issues:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=48854

After reading that, I signed up with privacymatters.com and am very happy with the deal for what I am getting for the money, even with the slow loads, slow updates, and basically non-existant alerts.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

That's really all I want it for though, is alerts and score moves... once a score move is big enough come over to myfico and pull ficos.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I use TC and I'm reasonably happy with it, not banned yet! EQ displays kind of funky, but I can get the exact date that a creditor posted for EX and TU, which helps if I want to have a certain figure post. The scores really haven't done much of anything to tell me whether to go pull the FICOs or not.

One thing that would have completely sandbagged me if I didn't also have FICO Score Watch is when I got re-bucketed. Scores dropped up to 15 points, and I would have been clueless as to why, because this is strictly a FICO scoring phenomenon. (They're starting to come back up.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
That's really all I want it for though, is alerts and score moves... once a score move is big enough come over to myfico and pull ficos.

You'll be happy with it then.  Just make sure to call to cancel on or by day 6 so you can get the year promo.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.