Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Monitoring

Hi.  I am looking for a site where I can moniter my credit score.  I would also like to dispute any inacurate information online from that site.  Anyone have any experience with this I would appreciate the info.  Thanks again.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Monitoring

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.  I am looking for a site where I can moniter my credit score.  I would also like to dispute any inacurate information online from that site.  Anyone have any experience with this I would appreciate the info.  Thanks again.

You can do all that from this site.  Check at the top of the board for the different prices.  I use the 3 bureau monitoring which is $19.95 month. Bit sends you and email anytime there is a change to any of the bureaus and you can dispute items as well.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For free services, CreditKarma is excellent, you can also get all of your credit reports, not scores, from all of the credit agencies at any time. You can dispute based on these credit REPORTS.

Message 3 of 9
someg33k
Established Contributor

I pay for the 3 bureau monitoring here @myFICO and use the free sites to get updated reports as they are more frequently updated and cost me nothing.  Just remember the score shown on sites like CK are various forms of FAKO scores.

Message 4 of 9
tjones9234
Contributor

myfico is great minus the iphone app..the 3 bureau monitoring has no functionality in the app...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

More Comprehensive Guide is here - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

Free credit monitoring:

1. Credit Karma for TU. Free service. Access to full credit report. Updated TU (not FICO TU) scores each week. I use it to monitor my TU report and get an idea of the upward or downward trend of my FAKO (non FICO) TU score. 

2. Credit Sesame for Experian. Free service. No access to full credit report, but will tell you if something changes. I use it to monitor my Experian credit report and Experian FAKO score. 

3. Quizzle or Mint. Free service for Equifax report and FAKO score. I don't use Quizzle, but I do use Mint. It provides an updated FAKO score every 3 months for Equifax and provides alerts when new information (like inquiries) pop up in your experian report. 

Free Credit Reports (Yearly):

1. Annualcreditreport.com - Free service to pull full reports once a year. Can get whole report unlike Mint/Quizzle/Credit Sesame, but you won't get a corresponding FAKO score. 

Other Free Options:

Discover credit card for the Discover TU Fico score. Several other credit cards have TU or Experian scores (1 or 2 have Equifax as well I believe). I don't have a full list, but some cards offer this. 

Paid Option:

Myfico.com for access to all three reports and a FICO score for all three bureaus. Nearly 20 dollars per report or nearly 20 dollars a month for monitoring of all 3 reports. I sometimes buy the reports or monitoring service here to get access to FICO score information, but it does cost money. Best information but for most people you need access to the reports (to monitor) and an idea of where your score is and not your actual score. The 20 dollar a month service from myfico only pulls a new report every year (I believe, could be wrong), but it updates your score everytime a new alert comes up. 

Conclusion:

FAKO scores are not FICO scores but they can be useful to see a trend. For example, my FICO scores were in the 720-740 range a month back. I don't know what they are today. I expect they are lower since my FAKO scores have gone down across the board due to new hard inquiries and accounts. I anticipate they are now in the 710-730 range. I could pay Myfico 20 bucks per report (or per month) to know my score, but I usually only buy my score once a year (or before a big purchase). 

Message 6 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

More Comprehensive Guide is here - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/662549

Free credit monitoring:

1. Credit Karma for TU. Free service. Access to full credit report. Updated TU (not FICO TU) scores each week. I use it to monitor my TU report and get an idea of the upward or downward trend of my FAKO (non FICO) TU score. 

2. Credit Sesame for Experian. Free service. No access to full credit report, but will tell you if something changes. I use it to monitor my Experian credit report and Experian FAKO score. 

3. Quizzle or Mint. Free service for Equifax report and FAKO score. I don't use Quizzle, but I do use Mint. It provides an updated FAKO score every 3 months for Equifax and provides alerts when new information (like inquiries) pop up in your experian report. 

Free Credit Reports (Yearly):

1. Annualcreditreport.com - Free service to pull full reports once a year. Can get whole report unlike Mint/Quizzle/Credit Sesame, but you won't get a corresponding FAKO score. 

Other Free Options:

Discover credit card for the Discover TU Fico score. Several other credit cards have TU or Experian scores (1 or 2 have Equifax as well I believe). I don't have a full list, but some cards offer this. 

Paid Option:

Myfico.com for access to all three reports and a FICO score for all three bureaus. Nearly 20 dollars per report or nearly 20 dollars a month for monitoring of all 3 reports. I sometimes buy the reports or monitoring service here to get access to FICO score information, but it does cost money. Best information but for most people you need access to the reports (to monitor) and an idea of where your score is and not your actual score. The 20 dollar a month service from myfico only pulls a new report every year (I believe, could be wrong), but it updates your score everytime a new alert comes up. 

Conclusion:

FAKO scores are not FICO scores but they can be useful to see a trend. For example, my FICO scores were in the 720-740 range a month back. I don't know what they are today. I expect they are lower since my FAKO scores have gone down across the board due to new hard inquiries and accounts. I anticipate they are now in the 710-730 range. I could pay Myfico 20 bucks per report (or per month) to know my score, but I usually only buy my score once a year (or before a big purchase). 

Just something weird i have been noticing lately, CK and CS have been really lagging with balance changes. 3B monitoring also is lagging with balance changes, i think there must be somethign wrong with EX and TU because balance changes aren't being reporting in timely matter to both free and paid monitoring services. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 9
pennccrn
New Contributor

Just as an option, more and more credit card companies are putting your FICO credit score on your statement every month, it doesn't necessarily update every month but it's great for monitoring any weird stuff. I find that, a security freeze and CK useful!

Discover It 12.5K; AmEx SPG 17.5K; Arrival+ WE BarclayCard 18K; BankAmericard Cash 10.5K; Citi Double Cash 8.1K; Credit Union Card 5K; Target Redcard 1K

Starting Score: TU 620 EX 535 EQ 615
Current Score: TU 818 EX 815 EQ 807
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently I am using Amex "CreditSecure" product, which is a paid option. It provides a fake credit score ("plus score") but once you subscribe it allows you to pull all three credit bureau reports every single day and you can view the full details of each report (full account history, inquiries, and other information). If you don't care about the actual score and you just want to keep an eye on things, it's pretty good. For me right now that's the best I can do because with less than 6 months history I don't have a FICO score anyway.

I would buy a report from here in advance of something serious like a mortgage application, to see the actual FICO.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.