Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Bank Question

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Credit One Card.  They amortize the AF over 12 month, charging me 5.75 per month for the AF.  Is it possible to have that billed all on one bill.  The way it works now I pay the 5.75 per month for the AF and 5.95 to make the online payment each month.  So I am paying 11.70 per month for a card that I don't use (but I need the TL).

W
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank Question

Did you try calling them up and asking them?   Also if they charge to use their website then I would just send them a check each month in the mail. That's crazy I hate companies that do that.   Just another way to squeeze more money out of you.      I almost got one but with all the fee's I thought better of it.  Plus I took a poll on here and the consensus was to dump it  LOL  
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them a paper check 2 months ago and still was charged the $5.95. Theres no way around it.
Message 3 of 7
Takunda1
Established Contributor

If I were you I'd apply for a seucred card from Orchard bank and close that account. You are spending about $132/yr when you can get a secured orchard bank card for $29/yr.
I guess it also depend son what kind of CL you have. If its small and you haven't had it long I'd say do away with it.
Message 4 of 7
Boswd
Valued Contributor

agreed dump it and get a secured card either with Orchard bank, your bank or Bank of America.  In the long run it would be cheaper than the amount in fee's you are going to be paying through out the life of the card.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one of these cards (I'm going to be cancelling it because of all the hassle as soon as my new JetBlue AMEX card arrives), and I just mail them a check every month.  It's a lot of trouble, but it beats paying them to take my money... something I've never really understood myself.  At any rate, they don't do CLI's on demand, and they don't waive annual fees, so I'd be surprised if they consolidate it for you.

I've talked to them several times over the past year, and their response to any request to change the terms of the CC is, essentially, they're a sub-prime card (worded much more "customer service-y", but the implication is the same).  Can't wait to dump them!

BTW - first post!  Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW has One of these.
We called them up and they will change to an annual fee.

They take the check and turn it into an ACH - so no fee and it actually processes faster.
We have paid online when there was any question of it being late.

WBLAKE wrote:
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Credit One Card.  They amortize the AF over 12 month, charging me 5.75 per month for the AF.  Is it possible to have that billed all on one bill.  The way it works now I pay the 5.75 per month for the AF and 5.95 to make the online payment each month.  So I am paying 11.70 per month for a card that I don't use (but I need the TL).

W

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.