Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Credit One Bank

Inquiring, disputing and validating account with Credit One Bank do not go anywhere. They send me a computer print out stating that the ownership of the account has been transferred to Collect America.

They claim to have forwarded the inquiry to Collect America. They also advice me to discuss further issue to Collect America.

With this letter on hand, can I probably ask the CRA to delete the tradeline submitted by Credit One Bank and say that I dont have an account with them, since as they already said they dont have ownership of the account?

Please advice. Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank

Sorry, but I don't have an answer for you, however, you asked a terrific question in my opinion. I hope someone has experience attempting this approach. I would like to try it myself.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 2 of 8
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

@TryingVeryHard wrote:
Inquiring, disputing and validating account with Credit One Bank do not go anywhere. They send me a computer print out stating that the ownership of the account has been transferred to Collect America.

They claim to have forwarded the inquiry to Collect America. They also advice me to discuss further issue to Collect America.

With this letter on hand, can I probably ask the CRA to delete the tradeline submitted by Credit One Bank and say that I dont have an account with them, since as they already said they dont have ownership of the account?

Please advice. Thanks

bump bump bump!
Message 3 of 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

Bump! Give it a try - doesn't sound like it would hurt...
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 4 of 8
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Sad part is, I cant think of any valid thing to put in my letter. LOL
Message 5 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

No, you can't, unless of course you have never had an account with them.   But if you did they can report your negative information on this account, the only thing you can dispute is their Tradeline to report  "sold/or transferred to a Collection Agency"    

Just because they sold the debt doesn't mean they can't report it or take back their previous reports.

Message Edited by Boswd on 12-11-2007 06:15 AM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request them to validate the acount
Message 7 of 8
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar situation.  When I disputed with the CRA's, it improved my status but still left it on the report.  Instead of an open account, it changed to "charged off/sold" and changed the balance to $0.  It helped having the balance taken off (added 10+ points), but didn't remove the account.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.