Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One CC Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One CC Credit Score

My Credit One CC shows me my credit score. Which score are they using?? It seems to be a little bit lower than BOTH of my scores on Credit Karma

Thank you!

Re'cy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One CC Credit Score

All 3 aren't real FICO's so I wouldn't worry too much.

CK uses VantageScore 3 from TU while CreditOne gives the Bankcard enhanced FICO from EX.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Credit One CC shows me my credit score. Which score are they using?? It seems to be a little bit lower than BOTH of my scores on Credit Karma

Thank you!

Re'cy

1st of all, cancel that Credit One CC!

2nd go signup www.creditscorecard.com they offer FREE real FICO SCORE from EX

3rd see if you can get Discover it card that also provide FREE real FICO SCORE from TU

4th (optional) you can open an account with DCU bank and get FREE real FICO SCORE from EQ

That should cover all of your needs for REAL FICO SCORES each month!

Good luck.

Message 3 of 8
greent
Frequent Contributor

They are FAKOS. Don't worry about them. They show me at 613 my FICO is 680.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@greent wrote:
They are FAKOS. Don't worry about them. They show me at 613 my FICO is 680.

Similar here...mine shows 610, and my EX is 667. I ignore it!

Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Do not rely on oversimplifcations such as "real" and don't assume that FICO means that all creditors use the score.

Always consider the specific model & CRA and the relevance of that combo to a given creditor/product.  There are creditors that use a VantageScore in their decisions.  There are creditors that don't use a VantageScore or FICO.  Even among those that use a FICO they don't all use the same model and there are many FICO models -- see also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and it stickies.

Different models evaluate report data differently and can have different scoring ranges so you cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  If, for example, a creditor uses a TU FICO 8 in its decision then only that CRA and only that model are relevant.  Scores based on other CRA data and using other models will not be relevant to the decision for that product.

@injustifiiable wrote:

while CreditOne gives the Bankcard enhanced FICO from EX.

A Bankcard FICO is a real FICO.  Again, consider relevance of the model/CRA.  Don't just rely on real/fake.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Discover Score Card provides an EX FICO 8. EX and FICO 8 are not used by all creditors. An EX FICO 8 is only relevant to products where an EX FICO 8 is used in the decision.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

3rd see if you can get Discover it card that also provide FREE real FICO SCORE from TU

TU FICO 8. Again, not used by all creditors.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

4th (optional) you can open an account with DCU bank and get FREE real FICO SCORE from EQ

EQ FICO 5

@CYBERSAM wrote:

It's not just about the CRA. The specific models matter as well. Those 3 scores do not cover all the model/CRA combos used by creditors so don't just assume that a FICO from each of the 3 CRA's covers everything.

You can use resources such as the Credit Pulls Database (Google to find) and existing threads here to determine which scores are used for which products. Once you do that, go pull that specific score. However, keep in mind that it is never just about score and your entire credit profile matters.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Re'cy

1st of all, cancel that Credit One CC!

Good luck.

Thank you very much for these tips. I did log into www.creditscorecard.com and got my FICO score.  Question: Will my credit drop if I close the Credit One CC?? I am scared I will take a hit if I close it. Again, Thank you for all your help!!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

Do not rely on oversimplifcations such as "real" and don't assume that FICO means that all creditors use the score.

Always consider the specific model & CRA and the relevance of that combo to a given creditor/product.  There are creditors that use a VantageScore in their decisions.  There are creditors that don't use a VantageScore or FICO.  Even among those that use a FICO they don't all use the same model and there are many FICO models -- see also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and it stickies.

Different models evaluate report data differently and can have different scoring ranges so you cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  If, for example, a creditor uses a TU FICO 8 in its decision then only that CRA and only that model are relevant.  Scores based on other CRA data and using other models will not be relevant to the decision for that product.

@injustifiiable wrote:

while CreditOne gives the Bankcard enhanced FICO from EX.

A Bankcard FICO is a real FICO.  Again, consider relevance of the model/CRA.  Don't just rely on real/fake.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Discover Score Card provides an EX FICO 8. EX and FICO 8 are not used by all creditors. An EX FICO 8 is only relevant to products where an EX FICO 8 is used in the decision.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

TU FICO 8. Again, not used by all creditors.

@CYBERSAM wrote:

EQ FICO 5

@CYBERSAM wrote:

It's not just about the CRA. The specific models matter as well. Those 3 scores do not cover all the model/CRA combos used by creditors so don't just assume that a FICO from each of the 3 CRA's covers everything.

You can use resources such as the Credit Pulls Database (Google to find) and existing threads here to determine which scores are used for which products. Once you do that, go pull that specific score. However, keep in mind that it is never just about score and your entire credit profile matters.

Thak you very much!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.