Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Optics Score??

tag
808state
Established Member

Credit Optics Score??

Can anyone give me more info on a"Creidit optics" score? DW apped for and was denied an Alaska Airlines CC. The letter said her Credit Optics score was 484, range of 1-1000. Her EQ on myFici is 683.

Any input?
Anyone know other banks using this scoring?
TU 722 | EQ 779 | Alaska Airlines Visa 5k | NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa 12.5k | Foreclosure in 2006
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Optics Score??

The Alaska Airlines card is issued by Bank of America.  I think it is a Signature only card, which might mean qualifying for a $5K CL as well.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 2 of 10
android01
Valued Contributor

Here you go.

http://www.idanalytics.com/solutions/enterprise/credit-risk/ID-analytics-credit-optics/

It appears to be an additional layer of scrutiny on top of traditional credit scores and reports.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 10
808state
Established Member

I know it is a BofA card, but I have never heard of the optics score. The sig card is $5k min Cl, but they have lower tier cards as well
TU 722 | EQ 779 | Alaska Airlines Visa 5k | NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa 12.5k | Foreclosure in 2006
Message 4 of 10
808state
Established Member

Does anyone know of other companies using this score vs FICO?
Message 5 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

No way they just use this score. It is used on top of fico
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 10
android01
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
No way they just use this score. It is used on top of fico

Correct.  It is not used as a replacement for a FICO score, it is an additional program on top of FICO, most likely weighing certain factors more heavily, or placing more emphasis on certain trends.

"ID Analytics® Credit Optics™ improves traditional credit decisioning by gleaning real time insight from information not typically analyzed when calculating a traditional credit score — information related to an individual's stability. When used in combination with legacy credit scores, this unique, third dimension enhances credit decisions by delivering an incremental perspective of risk. Credit Optics is proven to eliminate up to 25 percent of credit losses, without reducing the number of accounts booked."

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd venture and say that it also includes stuff that FICO does not like income, residency (e.g. rent vs. buy), DTI, employment history, etc.

Message 8 of 10
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

If you really read this companies website, well for me anyway, i came away with the impression that this is one scary company. They remind me of the work that SAIC does in relationship tracking of persons of interest to the governement (supossed terrorists and everyone they know, talk to, email, etc) this company is doing the same thing it looks like Especially their databases of your ip addresses, and your known relationships. I mean, i would really like to see just how deep they go in that. A real time mapping of my relationships with other people is something that would make even george orwell turn in his grave. Or maybe i just have a tad more paronioia than most.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIA Credit Services uses it. I ran into this problem applying for a card at Regions Bank.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.