Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Plus reporting different TU score than myFico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Plus reporting different TU score than myFico

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice as to how I should proceed.  We are currently in the process of refinancing our townhome and I went in with confidence, thanks to myFico, knowing what my scores should be.  When the mortgage guy gave me my credit report that he had pulled from Credit Plus my Experian and Equifax scores were exactly what myFico said they would be, 684 and 689 respectively.

However, Credit Plus reported my TU score as 656, which was a valid score...last January!!!  myFico gave me a TU score of 691 when I ran it on 1/3/08.  I know I have been raising my credit scores considerably and 656 couldn't possibly be my score and myFico's score is more inline with what it should be.

My question is, I contacted Credit Plus about this and their answer was exactly what I expected to hear from them, "Your personal scores differ from the scores mortgage companies report"  I then proceeded to ask the girl how both of my other scores pulled from myFico could match identically with theirs if this was the case.  She didn't have an answer for me and told me to correct this I would need to contact TU.  That isn't a problem and I can do that, but can anyone tell me the best way to go about this?

Would I get better results calling them or should I try to fix this online from their site?  Also has anyone had any experience with this and how hard is it to get them to correct something like this? 

Thank you!

Nancy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Plus reporting different TU score than myFico

As far a scores go-
Use the scores from your broker and myFICO.com

You can get a FICO score from myFICO.com,  Equifax and a hidden link from Trans Union-

All the others are FAKO's and those score just do not matter.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Timothy.  I'm not sure I explained correctly, the problem is the scores I gave ARE myFico scores that I purchased from myFico.com.  So first I don't understand why the myFico score is 691 and Credit Plus is reporting 656.  Shouldn't these be the same?  And then how do I go about fixing it? 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit plus is a FAKO-
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow really?  That is the company that my mortgage company used to pull my credit!  Thank you for the info!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stand corrected-
Credit Plus allows the lender to choose what scoring model to use-

THey may be using the newer version of the trans Union FICO score that may vary from myFICO.

It is not a FAKO-
MyFICO uses EMPIRICA 98 for TU FICO's.
The lender may be using a newer version-

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.