Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Rebuilding Success Due To Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Rebuilding Success Due To Capital One

I took the frugal route by using CCT to obtain my first knowledge of all CRA scores and reports yesterday. I'm happy to say that my current FICO 8 scores are EX 675 TU 655 EQ 675. Those are pretty numbers considering I only started rebuilding my credit a year ago after messing it up during my younger years. According to my FAKO score of 650 last year (I didn't know how to obtain FICO scores for almost free back then), I'm guessing I bumped up about 25 points with 30% UTIL.

All appreciation to Capital One for being the first CCC to approve me a CL of $300 last year! Now just one year later (after one automatic CLI and one requested CLI), I'm approved for $5300K! Anyone else have the same experience with them?

As for my journey in rebuilding credit, I still have a long way to go to reach 750+. Next, I'm going to start working on a delinquent CO, decreasing my UTIL and garden for as long as I can withstand it. There was actually a time where I didn't care what my credit looked like and now my fingers are itching to apply for every single CC created lol!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Rebuilding Success Due To Capital One

Lots of people Smiley Happy.  Just not many post over on this board, but you'll see it all over the place in Credit Cards and similar.

Cap One is fabulous for starting your credit life over again.  I'm one of the few people who's just fine with BOFA similarly, for all their sins and all of my sins too, they never, ever, denied me for a secured card.

        
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. cap1 has been great. 10 months ago they denied me for the quicksiler. I ended up getting secured 200 cl for 99 deposit. c.s. at the time was low 500s. now 10 months later my score has jumped up to 666. that was from T.U. on feb.2 Now I have the secured with a $500 and was just approved for quicksiler $500. Im just praying I get a big c.l. increase like I hear eeryone else saying. $1500, $2000. $5000!! that would bump my score up to over 700!!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yessss !!! in one year my score has moved over 100 points alomost at 700 fico and great thanks to capital one STARTING me off on my rebuild with a 10k cl !!! 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They started u off with a c.l. That high?
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was my first non-secured credit card in about 20 years lol in less than one year I brought my credit score from around 580 to just about 700 now .
Very grateful for capital one

Message 6 of 14
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes. cap1 has been great. 10 months ago they denied me for the quicksiler. I ended up getting secured 200 cl for 99 deposit. c.s. at the time was low 500s. now 10 months later my score has jumped up to 666. that was from T.U. on feb.2 Now I have the secured with a $500 and was just approved for quicksiler $500. Im just praying I get a big c.l. increase like I hear eeryone else saying. $1500, $2000. $5000!! that would bump my score up to over 700!!

Your scores are not affected by your credit limits but credit limits are based off of history of payments your credit file etc.. Like do you have a good mix of credit a revolving loan,couple credit cards and history of solid payments.Time will get your scores up.When you have low scores almost everything positive brings them up.You will reach a point where only time and History with a good mix brings scores up.At any rate keep up good work 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too!  I started with CapOne in the 600s and they took a chance on me...now sitting at low to mid 700s...very grateful to Capital One.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is the only reason I know any at all about credit. My credit was so messed up I had decided that I didn't care. I wasn't going to bother with it.

I didn't care until I desperately needed a car anyway! Capital One was the only one out of 12 or 13 lenders that would approve me for the car loan.

Shortly after that they approved me for their Platinum MasterCard with a CL of $300. After four statements they gave me an auto CLI of $3000. I about died when I saw I had a $3300 CL! And just the other day they upgraded me to the Quicksilver with no AF.

I'm completely smitten with CapOne at the moment!

When I bought my car my scores were around 515. They are now, just over a year later, at a 727.

I hear a lot of people speak poorly of CapOne. But if it weren't for them, a lot of us may not have had a chance. That's my experience anyway.
Message 9 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Gotta give them props! In 3 months since Jan.after not having a CC for 7 yrs. I got the Plat, luv button doubled CL, now QS upgrade. QS1, and fell off the couch 3 weeks ago when approved for the Venture. 17k CL. Cap1 is awesome. So is going from 500's to 700's. And yes they also gave me a auto loan when others didnt back in 2014!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.