Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Agency

tag
Kissyfur30
Valued Member

Credit Repair Agency

Has anyone used an agency to help you repair your credit report?  I would like to know some pros/cons to using one as my fiance and I are thinking about using one.  Our credit reports are very bad and I don't know where to start to begin cleaning them up, such as what we should pay first, what can hold off for now.  Do the credit repair agencies give some sort of guidance?  I received an applicaiton for one and they are stating 70 days for everything, for disputing, for trying to clear some stuff up and for their fee of $425. 

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Starting Score: 557
Current Score: 557
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Agency

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Don't pay that kind of money for what you can do yourself..  I'd accept $50 for everything they promise!

Seriously, just ask your questions here and tell us your situation and we will save you lots of money!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of these Agencies charge waaaaayyyy too much for sure. I was paying 99.00 a month until I started doing this on my own, now all of a sudden I have 5 people I am working with. Thank GOD for this site let me tell you. Granted I do not charge them much at all, but I am also up front that not everything is guaranteed. If it were I would have a 850 score for myself, my wife and anyone I worked with. In the short time I have been here, I have learned more than what I did.

Bottom line, ask your questions here. This is one HECK of a bunch of people.

FYI - The main reason I personally feel people hire others is because they really just do not want to deal with the letters, etc ... they just want to see their score go up and the baddies taken off.

Cujo

Message Edited by cujo31 on 02-12-2008 06:20 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to read this-  If you are charging for "CRS"

cujo31 wrote:
Some of these Agencies charge waaaaayyyy too much for sure. I was paying 99.00 a month until I started doing this on my own, now all of a sudden I have 5 people I am working with. Thank GOD for this site let me tell you. Granted I do not charge them much at all, but I am also up front that not everything is guaranteed. If it were I would have a 850 score for myself, my wife and anyone I worked with. In the short time I have been here, I have learned more than what I did.

Bottom line, ask your questions here. This is one HECK of a bunch of people.

FYI - The main reason I personally feel people hire others is because they really just do not want to deal with the letters, etc ... they just want to see their score go up and the baddies taken off.

Cujo

Message Edited by cujo31 on 02-12-2008 06:20 PM

Message 4 of 6
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

read some of the post from noah bodie about lexington law..i'm sure like anything there's good and bad but with what they cost you could save you self some major moolah and get the same end results.
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there Timothy ...

I have not read all of that as of yet, but certainly plan to. Here is a breakdown of what I do:

1. Ask them to pull a *free* credit report
2. I make sure they are willing to pay off any debts they need to in order to help their credit
3. Sign my Agreement that my wife and I have created
4. I tell them that I will do 3-5 items a month (I do not charge per item but only 25 a month to help them)
5. They need to give me a copy of each letter that comes back to them so I am still in the loop so I know what my next step is
6. I custom create letters, etc ... for each person (granted I dont have many right now anyways since I just started... LOL)

Basically i am up front and honest with each person so they may determine which way to go. If they want to go with someone like Lex Law .. great .. if not and would rather myself help them, great. I think Lex Law is a good company to go with as well. I certainly am not out to mess with people just to get their SSN or personal info you know? I have 6 kids and a wife to feed so I will not ever take a chance on that. My family is my life. This is a little side job that I do. The person I am trying to help is basically my credit ... the way I look at it, if that makes sense Smiley Happy

~Cujo
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.