cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Updating - Previous Inaccurate Information.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Updating - Previous Inaccurate Information.

Good Evening All!, 

Ok, Im looking at buying a house and only one problem... I ran my credit and saw that there were two 30 day late payments from the same company, reported a year ago that was inacurate. I have a multitude of emails and letters stating that it was in error and it would be removed at the end of November. How long does that typically take to remove after being reported?

-Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Report Updating - Previous Inaccurate Information.

When was the request made? I'd give them 30-45 days from their response. Most creditors only update once per month. If it is beyond that, then certainly call them. Also pull your reports frequently from somewhere just to check the status of those lates.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Report Updating - Previous Inaccurate Information.

If the informal route does not result in their deletion, you can file a dispute through the CRA, which, unless they receive verification from the creditor within the 30 day reinvestigation period, will result in CRA deletion as being unverified at the end of that 30'ish day period.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.